Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anybody using the MainConcept DV codec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody using the MainConcept DV codec?

One of the people who ran Terry's test used it and it is a bit faster than the MS DV codec.

I had a few questions about it I was hoping someone could answer for me.

1. How do you switch from the MS DV codec to the MainConcept one after installing it in Win XP? That is, where is the DV codec located in control panel. I've found most of the video codecs in the Audio control in control panet but can't seem to locate the MS DV codec.

2. How is the on screen playback compared to the MS codec? As you know the on screen playback of the MS DV codec is terrible. It can only do 1/2 resolution.

Thanks,

Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

MSDV is in DirectX and doesn't appear in the control panel.

MainConcept's DV codec it's mainly for exporting from your editor since its main advantages come into play when compositing effects. It gives you the option of using either DV type1 or DV type2, depending on what your editor supports. MSPro uses type1 for importation while Premiere is still ignoring modern design by sticking with type2.

WMP7 just doesn't seem to want to play DV at full rez on the desktop. Even so for the best analog output of DV streams you should go to its Tools/Options/Performance tab and turn the Digital Video slider up to LARGE.

Otherwise many cards will export a quarter sized frame to the vidout and not the full 720x480/576.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 February 2002, 22:39.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X