Supermicro dual pentium motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermicro dual pentium motherboard

Looking at Supermicro dual pent mother board with the new 160 scsi support. For NT, W2K, RT2000, compatible? RDRAM 600 two sticks 128, woould this be a realworkstation configuration or just a want a be?
    All comments appreciated in advance.

Thanks
    Douglas

Massive overkill for the RT-2000. It doesn't need that much processing power or drive speed.

An Asus P3B-F and a PIII/600 would be more than sufficient and be extremely stable. For storage those big Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 7,200 rpm drives work great, even using ATA33 connects.

Besides, the RT-2000 does not run under WinNT4 (no Dx6 or Dx7 support) and the Win2000 drivers are still down the road a ways.

Save your money and put it to better use, like a good SVHS deck or Elite BVP-4 video processor for cleaning up input streams from degraded sources.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by DrMordrid (edited 19 May 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Doc,
      You see, the main reason we are looking at other motherboards is that the Asus P3C2000 motherboard we currently have has a recall from the manufacture, because it has a problem with the sdram 100 and 133. And the shop that built it for me is willing to change out our motherboard.The biggest part I need to consider is that I eventually want to move up to a raid hard drive array when I can afford it. Currently we are runnning 2 37.5 IBM UDMA ULTRA 66 drives. And not fully knowing enough about the more advanced setups I really not sure what to do.
      I want to up grade to the RT2000 mainly because I want to have the MPEG-2 for DVD stream for authoring DVD titles, which will need alot of disk space, as well speed. Also not sure which tape unit to purchase for export on DLT or DV-Mini or what?

Also have you heard anything on a new DVD-RW from Sony or Phillips, we found an article on presentation .com stating that they were suppose to make a unit that would be a sub-one thousand dollar unit. We have a long way yet to complete our setup, so any help with this information will help, so we can hopefully purchase the right gear.

Thanks
      Douglas

[This message has been edited by DouglasTexas (edited 20 May 2000).]

Comment

Hey, Doc can you reply to our last?

Comment

Working...
        X