Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VirtualDub Video Capture - What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VirtualDub Video Capture - What am I doing wrong?

I am unable to successfully use the Virtual Dub Capture program withour getting dropped frames (heaps...).

The CPU meter is always running at 100% and I can't seem to work out why. I have tried different video/audio compressions but this does not seem to change anything. No other windows are running.

I can capture perfectly with the Matrox PC-VCR, but want to try something other than MJPEG capture.

I would have thought that my PC setup is fast enough to cope with the capture.

My PC setup is as follows:
    Pentium III 500 Mhz
    128MB Ram
    17GIG Hard Disk

Let me know your thoughts and advice. If you have a similar PC setup that works, please advise me what settings you are using.

Rod

How do you set VirtualDub up?

Please give capture resolution, colordepth, frames pr. sec., compression settings, etc.

Ghydda
    As I always say: You can get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than you can with just a kind word.
    My beloved Parhelia was twotiming with Dan Wood - now she's gone forever and all I got is this lousy T-shirt
    |Stolen Rig|RetroGames Rig|Workstation Rig|Server Rig|

Comment

Ghydda

I am capturing in 352 x 288 (PAL) at 25fps. Tried a variety of compression codecs (PicVideo, MPEG4, Huvvyuv, Cinepak, Indeo, etc) with similar results.

I also tried capturing in MSP6.0 with the same results, so this makes me think it's not VirtualDub that's the problem.

Tried using YUY2 (Matrox crack) and RGB 8/16/24 which did not solve me dropped frames problems.

Any ideas?

Comment

We've been discussing this in another thread. It may be a problem with the 1.54 Video Tools. The 1.52 Video Tools seem to work fine.

If you're not using 1.54 give a holler...

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X