MJPEG encoding for Rainbow Runner Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJPEG encoding for Rainbow Runner Studio

I'm using Rainbow Runner Studio for video capture. I've tried to use it video out for my video after editing, but PC-VCR doesn't work with my MJPEGs.

Which MJPEG encoder I should use to get AVI that RRS will "understand"?

Thanks,
    Viktor

Hi Im using RRS with no problem.... so a few questions
    what are you doing to your captured videos eg. msp editing and then rendering? have you set settings in pcremote to matrox mjpeg? what happens when you try to view your output
    are you outputing to tape or to your moniter?
    smitty

Comment

Viktor

What OS are you using? If 98/98SE, then capture with inbuilt hardware MJPEG and never use another from start to finish. If 2000/XP, then you're in trouble, but there are others here who can advise you better than I.

I am using 98SE and there are no problems.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Try setting PCVCR Remote properties to video out.
        Clem Reid
        Toshiba P200 notebook
        Dual core 2.16Ghz
        2Gb Ram
        2 x 160Gb HDD
        XP Pro
        DVD Multi drive

Intel P4P800 865PE
        2GB DDR333
        1 x 120Gb SATA Seagate 7200
        WXP Pro
        A06 DVD Writer
        Samsung CDR/RW

Intel 815EP P111 1ghz
        512mg 133Ram
        40Gb ATA Seagate 7200
        200Gb ATA Seagate 7200
        WXP
        Samsung CDR/RW
        Poineer DVD Rom

1 X 250Gb ATA Seagate 7200 in caddie
        1X 250GB Maxtor in Caddie

Comment

Hi,

I have been using RRS for quite some time before moving over to Marvel 400-TV. I do not remember encountering this problem, providing you are outputing the original captured clip that has been produced by the in-built hardware compressor.

The only problem I remember is that with the very latest drivers, if the capture is large, then the system resources will suffer badly to a point where the machine will crash. This has been reported to Matrox by some other person as memory leakage but Matrox said they could not reproduce the fault in their lab.

Regards,

Debbie
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

If 98/98SE, then capture with inbuilt hardware MJPEG and never use another from start to finish.
            Unfortunately, I don't see the way how to use it with Ulead MSP. Do you know the one?
            what are you doing to your captured videos eg. msp editing and then rendering? have you set settings in pcremote to matrox mjpeg?
            Do you mean some setting for playback? Wich one?

I have this config:
            Capture/TV out only: Cel300A, RRS + Mystique 200, ABIT BX6 motherboard, 256MB RAM, Win 98 SE, 100Mb Ethernet
            Editing, encoding, etc: Athlon XP1700+, Radeon 8500, KT266a motherboard, 256 MB RAM, Win2k/Win98 dual boot

I think that RRS has better TV out then Radeon( at least TV out resolution can be set to native video resolution), so I'm looking for the way how to use it.

Typically I'm doing following:

1) Capture VHS with RRS or DV through firewire.
            2) Edit with Ulead MSP
            3) Save as MJPEG.

I've tried to use Morgan codec to save video with forced RRS FourCC = 'dmb1' but can't create file from MSP (Codec doesn't support this frame size error with every resolution I'm choosing).
            I've tried to encode existing video with Morgan using VideoDub, but got some kind of garbage at output (looks like video on monitor with bad horizontal sync on both TV and PC-VCR monitor, works fine in Media Player ).

Thanks,
            Viktor
            Last edited by stolbovoy; 21 February 2002, 12:52.

Comment

Viktor,
              i'm using a Millennium-II/RRS and i have no problems outputing the video to tape.
              I use Win98, i capture with avi_io using only the RRICM codec (RRS MJPG) then edit with MSP 6.0 and output back to tape or make a VCD. When you have your clips in MSP and you preview from the timeline then video is output from the RRS, the same happens even if you play them using M$oft Media Player. Stick with RRS MJPG codec, once i tried to use the Morgan codec and the result was a messed up system.
              mits,
              System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
              model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Viktor

When you have finished editing, Create your AVI file, but make sure you use the Matrox MJPEG. Do NOT use Morgan, unless you want to be sure of screwing things up. This can be done with MSPro, if it is on the same computer as you have the RRS installed.

Incidentally, of the three software MJPEG codecs I've tried, Morgan is the only one that caused me hassle - I've since got rid of it completely.
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Do you know the way to install Matrox codec on machine without RRS?

Thanks,
                  Viktor

Comment

Best way to handle that is to drop $19 USD on PICVideo's MJPeg codec. It can be installed anywhere and is specifically set up to handle the Matrox MJPeg codec.

A PICVideo quality setting of 19 roughly equals the maximum setting in Matrox's codec, but 20 is more like 5-8 mb/s depending on the source.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Problem is solved! It's working with Morgan, I realize that I used resolution RRS doesn't understand. Also I found the way how to set R8500 TV out to 720*480 resolution on TV out and get 'theater mode' (=DVD Max) on it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X