Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huffyuy looks like watercolored?

What wrong have I done now?

Huffyuy clips look like they are watercolored when I play them in mediaplayer in W2K.....

But they look good in VirtualDub....

they are also fine in W98SE....

Oh, joys of starting to edit again....
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

One problem that it mayh be is that Huffy is not a playback codec. It is for compressing video ast a very low level at a high quality so that it can be fed into an encder. Playback is usually not very pleasant depending on your HD speed. If it looks good in other apps, frame by frame then it is probably not a problem.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I remeber!!!

I Remember!!

Mediaplayer seems to have downloaded and installed M$ own MSYUV.DLL codec!!

And that Buggy POS highjacks huffyuv encoded clips and makes the picture look insanley uggly!!

Deleting the registry keys and by that deactivating the MS codec cured the problem!

This was discussed in this forum a while ago.....
      Last edited by Technoid; 23 February 2002, 15:11.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
      X