failed to capture MPEG2 with IEEE1394

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failed to capture MPEG2 with IEEE1394

I'm working with Ulead VideoStudio 4.0. Everything goes fine to capturing with TI 1394, until I try to record. At that time I got the message:
    Digital Video cannot capture MPEG file
    Failed to capture
    Ihave a D8 Sony trv510 NTSC

Ulead MPEG captures are done by piping the YUY output of an ANALOG card to the Ligos GoMotion module. This requires functions a DIGITAL IEEE-1394 card does not have.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Can you explain that a bit further Doc ?

I'm currently working on VS4, and I've just run a test capturing DV from a Canon MV200 thru an ADS Raptor DV card into VS4.

The TI1394 option within VS4 is the device control, not the capture driver, the capture driver should either be DirectShow Capture Plugin or DirectShow MPEG Capture plugin (I'm using the former).

I had no problems capturing in DV, MPEG1 or MPEG2 projects with this setup.

Comment

Hi.

At least with ADS Pyro you can not use the "DirectShow MPEG capture plugin". You should use the "DirectShow capture plugin" to capture the DV video and convert to MPEG1/2 afterwards.

In VS4 the conversion is done when you render the final file.

M.
        year2000:Athlon500/MSI6167/256M/10GIBM/6GSamsung/18GSCSI IBM/CL2xDVD/RR-G/HPPSPrinter/G400DH32M/DeltaDC995/MX300/ADSPyro1394/AHA2940UW/3comXL100

Comment

Oops, who said ADS Raptor ? I obviously meant the Canopus Pyro.

Or to be a little more realistic, an ADS Pyro. My apologies to both companies. What the hell, it's Friday isn't it ? Waddya mean it's Thursday....

Comment

Well at least Matrox isn't making hard drives again

Comment

Working...
            X