A modicum of success XP and RRG-series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A modicum of success XP and RRG-series

For all those who have experienced difficulty trying to use RRG-series with Windows XP. The secret for partial success is to ensure that you remove all traces of any Matrox product prior to install. You now need to ensure that you 'switch user' so that XP thinks you are now logged in as 'adminstrator'. If you try to download the vid tools when you are logged in with your own username you will fail as the download appears to be unable to make the appropriate entries in the Windows Registry and a Runtime Error message will be displayed when you try to open the programme.This means that you will have to 'switch user' to Adminstrator in order to use RRG, but so what. Everything works but there remains the problem of the absence of the record button on the PC-VCR controller. I have used VirtualDub 1.4.9 for Video Capture and then I transfer the AVI file to Vegas Video 3 for editing. The TV input remains perfectly usable.

The new PC-VCR is a TV playback device only. No capturing capabilities so it is not a bug or install problem.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I manage to make my G400/RRG combo work with the G450 drivers and the vt_210a, the only thing I had to do was to check permissions and give full controll to myself;
      But as before, I got the same problem: when capturing with avi_io the captured image is distorted, badly resized - I can't capture the whole image, it gets bigger than the window and I only capture part of it. With virtualdub I only can capture rgb, not yuy2... Did anyone got the same problem? Is there a solution?

Asus A8N-E
      Opteron 146
      2x512mb Gkill
      Seagate SATA 120 gb
      Plextor Premium/LG GSA-4167B
      Matrox Parhelia APVe
      Echo Mia soundboard

Comment

Working...
      X