Capture MPEG2 with Marvel G400TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture MPEG2 with Marvel G400TV?

Is it possible to do this with 3rd party software? I'm trying to avoid time-consuming encoding process.

jackosh

I would recommend VideoStudio6.0 together with a fast processor. My system works fiine under win2k 512M memory and Athlon 900.
    Just export to DVD when editing complete and burn to DVD.

Comment

Under Win9X, you *should* be able to compress it using the Hardware MJpeg format, which is equivalent to (and slightly better I think) MPEG2 I-Frame-only capture. RTM for capture rates/HD Usage.

Direct to MPEG-2, suitable for DVD-authoring,etc. is dependent on how good the third-party software/your mobo processor/chipset is. The hardware outputs RGB-format through a vidcap driver which your app uses.

Using Win2K, MJpeg is not supported, but the vidcap driver will still output RGB for your app.

Using WinXP, you have a slightly bulky 16MB DualHead Monitor/TV video card.

GB

Comment

You get better results using YUY2 capable drivers or the Flying Dutchmans YUY2 patch for older drivers.

With that installed, and a fast CPU (1ghz +) you can capture MPEG-2 at full rez (or partial rez) on the fly using MSPro's capture tool. VS5, VS6 etc. etc. also work as do several direct-to-MPEG capture programs on the net.

Fast Athlons like the XP work best for this.

I do, however, totally agree that realtime MPEG capture is a far inferior way to do this. 'tis better to capture HuffYUV, high bitrate MJPeg or some other high quality source and encode it using TMPGEnc Plus.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X