Real Magic Xcard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Magic Xcard?

Has anyone used this card yet, seen any reviews, consumer feedback in forums etc.

I am quite keen to get one as my Marvel G200 does not have the DVDMax feature, but am concerned about the usual first version problems with new hardware and software?

what do you want to know ?
    I've not ordered one yet ( i will be )

The Xcard doesn't have a DVDmax feature , one is promised .

A large amount of people need divx ver 3.11a playback (wich is not real mp4 )
    so in response sigma designs said their will be a DVDmax feature able to play
    any directshow software decoded video.
    Their is not time line for the DVDmax , i would think at lest 2 months away.

In this first driver release mpeg2 isn't functioning properly , although most DVD and VCD work.

DivX 5.1 files play upto 720x576 at a bitrae of 4mbs (try doing that on a PC lower than 1.4ghz )
    Mp3 audio will be fixed in 2 weeks with support of playback of 56kbs,64kbs mono
    and 96kbs and above , stereo
    at the moment only stereo works.

I have not heard any reports on fully compliant Mp4 streams, such as from
    C-cube / LSI / Lingos / phillips / .......

The reason i say this is because mp3 audio is not in the Mpeg4 spec , AAC is
    the audio format , and you will have less audio sync problems with this.
    Last edited by zeb7; 2 May 2002, 10:12.
    My PC :Matrox G400TV AMD Duron750mhz@850mhz,256Mb,Abit KT7133raid,10gb ibm,10gb seagete,20gb7.2k-rmp fujitsu,LG CDWR 40x16x10
    win98se
    Entertainment : P150mhz@160mhz,16mb,VX MBoad,PCI-TNT with TV/out,H+ dvd,Creative x5 dvd

Comment

Thanks for the great information, that is exactly the type of info I have been after!

I mostly capture using huffyuv and convert to DivX 4 or MS V2 using nandub and use vbr mp3 (stereo), although I do have a couple with AC3. I am not familar with AAC and a brief search looks like it is not a free encoding codec.

What I really after is playback of these videos to TV with full overlay (not the usually TVout from most cards eg Marvel g200). I plan to put it in a P4 1600 with 1GB ram so speed etc should not be a problem, though I may put it in the G200 (PIII 500) if it can provide all the speed needed and does not conflict with the marvel.

I haven't used DVDmax, just read the mostly positive comments here, the local importer still has some Marvel G400 in stcok but wants $800+ for them (reconditioned models too!!), thats local money, about $400US. As I am happy with the G200 capture this seems excessive for just adding the DVDMax feature so I thought the Xcard would be a cheap option.

In the P4 I won't need the card to do the decoding as such, it is really the TV out function That I am after.

Is there somthing else that can do this?

Comment

Can the xcard show divx subtitles? Such as *.sub or *.srt files. I suspect that vobsub will not work with that ghey sigma interface.
        My system:
        | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
        homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Working...
        X