Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DivX Query

Hello,
    when encoding with DivX, what is the difference between the fast motion, and low motion codec?
    does setting the key frames to every 1 frame increase quality or decrease qualtiy vs. the default 10 frames?
    what is the result if the data rate is set to 6000/s vs. the defaul 910/s? I understand normally what the data rate means, but by setting it higher sometimes I get worse quality.
    thanks!

When you encode a vob, I would advice to take the bitratecalculator program and calculate what the best bitrate is you should use.

Then I would use flask, en encode a few times only 30 seconds of the movie, to try what effect all these settings in flask have on the picture quality

I myself would advise you to use the low-motion codec, and a bit-rate between 1000 and 1500 (which already may be a bit too high for slower CPU's). As the res. I woud select 640x whatever fits the aspect ratio of the original movie size.

Be sure to de-interlace if necessary... it makes a HUGE difference

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 28 June 2000).]

Comment

Found this very interesting and informative article http://www.digital-digest.com/divx/a...4-quality.html

Comment

Working...
      X