Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAL to NTSC

I have a Marvel G200.
    If I were to connect a PAL camcorder to the input and an NTSC vcr to the output would I be able tp do a conversion straight to tape?
    If not could I capture in PAL to disk and then output to NTSC?

Hi Mike,

I have the similar problem. A Japanese friend wants me to shoot her wedding here in Australia. I have a PAL camcorder and VCR that can switch between PAL and NTSC. Of course for the Japanese friend, she'd want the video tape in NTSC.

Did you find a solution? Maybe there's a software solution for converting PAL AVIs to NTSC?

Love to find out how you went...

Frank.
    Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

I do this often with my Marvel G200.

I use PC-VCR to play the input signal full screen, and I set my TV output (using the display properties) to the output standard, tweek the display size and position on a tv and that's it. Using this this you can have one standard coming in and a different one going out. Simply set PC-VCR to fullscreen and voila standards conversion.

(It was better in the RR-S days, you could set it to do both input and output using different standard without the full screen crap. I haven't found a software to do it this way with the Marvel though.)

todd

Comment

Thanks Todd,

Does this all have to happen in real time or can you bring in your PAL footage, edit it and then output to NTSC?

BTW, my VCR has two or three NTSC standards. One's 3.something and the other's 4.something. Which is the one in common use in Japan or the States?

Thank you.

Frank.
        Intel TuC3 1.4 | 512MB SDRAM | AOpen AX6BC BX/ZX440 | Matrox Marvel G200 | SoundBlaster Live! Value | 12G/40G | Pioneer DVR-108 | 2 x 17" CRTs

Comment

What I described was real time, but you can bring in video, edit it and then output it just like you want. I'm not sure, (I'm not at home so I can't check right now) but I think you can set your output standard and then dump the mjpeg directly from your editing package to tape. I'm quite sure the full screen trick is only needed for real time conversions.

I can't help you with which NTSC is which though. I know they are different but I don't know which is which. I also don't know which Marvels support which NTSC. I think my Canadian one only has North American NTSC (States), one PAL, and one SECAM.

Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 04 July 2000).]

Comment

Thanks Todd. I will give it a try as soon as I get a hold of another PAL camcorder. The original PAL footage I had saved to hard disk output to NTSC ok.

Comment

Working...
            X