No announcement yet.

MSPro v6.0 - Preview Window stuttering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro v6.0 - Preview Window stuttering!

When scrubbing the timeline, the clip plays OK in the preview window but as soon as it comes to a title it stutters & displays the movie-clip frame, NOT the title, despite the timeline place right over it. You can see it trying to display the title-clip but preference goes to the movie-clip. Of course one way of checking how the title-clip works, in relation to an adjacent movie-clip, is to view it in 'overlay options'.

Also, rendered edits do not play back from the timeline as they did with v5.0 & v5.2 but this is not a hassle as I nearly always 'create' the finished movie even though it comprises several sub-2Gb files with fade-outs/fade-ins at the beginning & end of each of these big files.

In all other respects v6.0 works perfectly but would appreciate suggestions as to the 'stuttering' preview window. I've altered the ulead32.ini many times in the past to make MSPro run smoothly. These hints & tips came from info gleaned from this excellent MURC forum so maybe there is another tweak that can given to this .ini file to solve the 'stuttering'.

Current system:
    AMD K6-2 333Mhz - AT p/s - Asus P5A-B Socket7 M/Board - Matrox Marvel G200 AGP VidCap/Graphics card 16Mb SDRAM - 192Mb of system RAM - 10.1Gb system/boot HD disk - 16.8Gb video HD disk - both IBM Deskstars. Win98SE. Creative CD-RW 4x2x24x. MediaStudioPro v6.0. Camcorder: Panasonic DX1E - 3xCCD, analogue in/out.
    Merv Wilson
    Merv

This comes, no doubt, from a bug in the Matrox drivers (I've experienced it, too). The preferred solution to getting everything working pretty in MSP 6.0 is to load a video in Media Player before starting Video Editor. This keeps the hardware out of the picture so that MSP is in control, making editing faster and all the buttons work as intended.

The only downside is that playback, esp. accelerated playback, is choppy. If you kill Media Player before you hit the preview button, you'll get a smooth playback; then when you're back to scrubbing, just load up another video in Media Player.

--fluggo99

Comment

Fluggo99, thanks for that - it works a treat now!

How you discovered that trick I know not, but I'm very grateful for your quick response. The choppy playback, accelerated or otherwise, is no problem as I use the the Preview Window solely as a guide.

Merv Wilson
      Merv

Comment

Working...
      X