Will WinOnCD 3.8 run on WindowsXP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will WinOnCD 3.8 run on WindowsXP?

I recently purchased a new computer that came with Windows XP . When I installed and ran my Roxio WinOnCD 3.8PE program, Windows XP did not like it at all and threw out error messages.

I then found to my horror that both the CD-RW and DVD drives were dead and not being recognised. The only way to get the two drives working again was to format the hard drive and re-install WinXP - this I did.

I really need WinOnCD 3.8 on my new computer to burn some SVCD's but I don't relish having to format the HD and re-installing all my video stuff again if something goes wrong.

Has anybody installed this program on WinXP without the problems I had? (this program ran OK on my old computer with Win98se).

I searched for new drivers or a patch at www.roxio.de but found none except a XP-Wizard but I'm not sure if this will install version 3.8 PE.

Thanks for any advice - Alf

There is indeed a patch hidden away at roxio.de for making WOCD3.8 run under XP; but it's "unsupported", so if it goes wrong, they aren't going to fix it. Having said that, I don't recall hearing of it not working. Ensure that you also install SP2, don't be put off by the web site that tells you that it's Geran only.

http://cequadrat.com/driver/38pe_upd/XP-Wizard.exe -for the XP update;

http://cequadrat.com/driver/38pe_upd...OC38PE_GER.exe -SP2
    MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

William
      Thanks for that info - I'm now downloading both the XP-Wizard and the Service Pack and will try to install again.

Hope I don't screw up again!! - will post the results.

regards - Alf

Comment

William
        I installed WinOnCD (but did NOT run it)
        Next installed Service Pack 2 - it detected and updated WOCD
        Next the XP-Wizard

After a re-boot I ran WinOnCD and it appears to be 100% stable.
        All the instructions were in English so there were no problems.
        Tomorrow I burn SVCDs

Regards and thanks - Alf

Comment

Yup, the warning is just there to discourage people from updating it (Roxio wanted to consolidate under the Easy CD Creator brand).
          MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Working...
          X