• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 Service Pack 3

Install at your own risk.

Jerry Jones

SP3 Warning!!!

Please read this before attempting the install...

Play free online games and win real prizes at Gembly! All your favorite solitaire games, card games, dice games against real players. Play and win!

It looks like Microsoft has screwed this one up big time!

Comment

Yup...just the change to the EULA is enough to keep it off my systems. Hate to take my editing systems off the internet, but....

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'm with you Doc. While the less than perfect "fixes" are something that usually keep me away from initial fix releases from M$, the agreement to let Billy-Boy have full rights to poke around my machine at his discretion has cinched my decision to forget about XP.
        Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

What's wrong with W2ksp2??!!

--wally.

Comment

Originally posted by wkulecz
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

What's wrong with W2ksp2??!!

--wally.
            Absolutely nothing

Cheers,
            Elie

Comment

Will there are those pesky security holes most of which have only been exploited in a security research lab. I'd say stick with SP2 and selectively patch from there ... at least until SP3 is proven out and techniques to tame it are documented.
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Works for me!
                Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

I've installed the Service Pack 3 on both of my home Windows 2000 machines and I've encountered no problems so far.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Jerry Jones
                  I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                  X