Anyone using MyDVD with HP DVD200i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using MyDVD with HP DVD200i?

I have MyDVD from Sonic that came bundled with my DVD200i. I am trying to use this, but it doesn't really like any file format, even files already rendered into DVD compliant MPEG2 files using TMPEGenc. Either the app hangs, or it will try and bring in the file, but gives the error along the lines of "Bad editor." So far my opinion of the package is, it sucks big time. How could HP do that.

I would use DVDit, but I can't even install that because of the ARCryptolib.dll error that is in a KB article on Sonic's site, but the workaround they suggest doesn't "workaround" for me. Oh well...
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

I told everyone here that MyDVD sucks rocks back in October when I tried the HP 100i and Pioneer A03.

Complain to HP it'll do more good than complaining here.

--wally.

Comment

FWIW, I've used MyDVD with the HP DVD200i without any problems at all. It seems to be happy with DV type 1 files and transcodes them pretty nicely.

Jeff B

Comment

Working...
      X