Simplist way from PAL to NTSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplist way from PAL to NTSC

Well its another first time job for my trusty RRS.
    I got some "the Goodies" tapes for my birthday (British comedy sitcom from the 70's-"will do Anything, Anytime", haven't scene it since after school 1976 or 7 in my native Canada. Very anxious!
    Tape are only in made PAL format so thats what I got.
    Very little info when I did a search (why can't I search for 3 lettered words -"PAL" duh!) I gather I have to rent a PAL vcr then plug into said RRS and set to PAL and capture- I use the Morgan codec. Then what?
    Do I have to change it to a certain resolution? Ntsc standard?
    Can I leave frame rate and sound alone? Or do I have to change to ntsc standard? I have out put 15 frames per second movies to tape and they looked fine. Should I just leave it at 25 and record out that way?
    I will be outputing through my TV-out to my vcr not using my RRS. as I will prob- convert to Divx5. Or I might just leave in Morgan and burn 1 episode per cd
    thanks Ken
    Oh my god MAGNUM!

Ken,

If you want to do a PAL tape to NTSC tape use the method below that I use for my RRS.

1. open up the RR remote control and set up the input to PAL. save and close remote.

2. Right click on desktop to bring up display info. Go to "TV OUT". Click on the box "OUTPUT TO TV". Set display to 640x480 and check the "FORCE FIT TO TV" box. At this point make sure that you have a TV monitor or VCR plugged into the RR just incase you can not read your monitor. Click APPLY and OK

3. Run up the RR remote again and set to line. Right click on mouse and check "PLAY FULL SCREEN"

4.Press record and play on the VCRs and all should happen.

I did notice that there is a small black band at the top and bottom of the TV screen but I guess that this is the difference between 525 input and 625 lines output.

It’s not the most wonderful setup but for a quick and dirty standards converter it will do. I guess that the reverse setup is done for NTSC to PAL conversion.
    paulw

Comment

Hey thanks. Will give it a shot.
      Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Working...
      X