Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matrox videotools and yuy2 and Huffyuv 2.1

Doc can I ask you a question?
    First of all I would thank you for this forum. It help me the most to make quallity movie on tape and cd.You are like my video guru to me

My configuration
    Pentium III 600 128 MB Abit BE6
    Matrox marvel 400 TV with matrox powerdesk 5.50.22 and videotools 1.54
    yuy2 and Huffyuv2.1
    Drive c-d-f Quantum fireball KA (ultra66 7200 (benc with powertools c= 11.13 d= 11.94 f= 13.02 )
    drive f quantum fireballIct1(ultra dma 5200) (bench 9.73)
    the slowest drive E give me the best benchmark.
    even you told us to use version 1.52 I would like to see it myself (sorry)

results : I can install yuy2 and huffyuv 2.1
    I can capture with avi-io (regitered version 1.40) in resolution High color 16 bit with
    settings yuy2 352 x 288 and 704 x 576 compression Huffyuv 2.1 standard setting
    no frame drops
    encoding 352 x 288 I use panasonic for best results (9/10)
    for captures 704 x 576 even gomotion of ulead give verry good quallity vcd 8/10)
    better than the most vcd I can buy.
    For playing AVI i must change resolution to true color 24 bit ( it would'n play in 16 bit)
    My best results are encoding in mpg1 or mpg2 but is there a burnapplication to write on cd who can play on vcd or dvd TOKAI DVD715?

Now I am verry confused should i go on like the way i do? Or should I install videotools 1.52
    In media studio6 I set display setting to 24 bit and no problems everything works verry fast and good
    for making vcd with bad quallity input I use xvcd format in PAL 352x576 encoding to mpg1 with panasonic the only mpg1 that nero will accept and will play on Tokaï.
    That all for my question should I continuing to use videotools 1.54 or should I change to 1.52? and second question Is ther a good burning prog to write vcd with mpg 1 or mpg2?
    thank you and sorry for my bad English

I'd change over to Video Tools 1.52. At least in NTSC the YUY2 support in 1.54 is broken.

As for VCD burning software you can use Adaptec's Easy CD Creator if you need menu's but Nero 5 can create both VCD and SVCD's if you don't. Nero can't set up menu's, yet.

To create menus's with Nero 5 I use the CD Motion authoring software, but it's expensive at $300 USD. This price issue should change as more companies make VCD/SVCD authoring software.

As far as MPEG encoders go I also like Panasonic for MPEG-1, but the new beta 12 version of Tsunami MPEG has improved its VCD/SVCD support considerably. I haven't finished testing it yet but it's looking quite good.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
    X