Major flaw with the Matrox Video Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major flaw with the Matrox Video Tools

When I start capturing with VirtualDub, the picture starts jumping quickly. This is very ugly and the capture is unusable.

An "A" in the captured clip will have two horizontal lines. This jumping ends when drivers are reloaded, but starts again when a new capture starts. This is really a major flaw!

First of all knowing what version of the drivers you're using would help a lot. Also knowing what capture mode you're using would be very helpful since the Marvel/RRG can capture using MJPeg, RGB, YUY2 or using various codecs with YUY2.

If you are using YUY2 captures with the VT 1.54 drivers then it is a bug in that driver versions support for YUY2. Use VT 1.52 instead and everything will work.

If you're not using VT 1.54 with YUY2 then it's another problem. Have you considered the problem is not with the Matrox drivers but with VirtualDUB's setups?

This I find likely because I can use VirtualDUB with my Marvel G400-TV's with no problems at all.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 01 August 2000).]

Comment

I'm using YUY2 with or without huffyuv compression (same thing occur). VT 1.52

Same thing occurs with AVI_IO. The jumping ends when drivers are reloaded in AVI_IO too..

Comment

Working...
      X