divx encoding out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• divx encoding out of sync

Hi! I'm recording with avi_io under win2k, with morgan multimedia mjpeg codec, with pure PCM sound, of course, and i have no problem, the sound is in sync, the playback works perfectly. But when i try to encode some videos (on a random basis!!! ), i often get sound desync. Maybe (i'm not sure) this is more often when i capture at 22050 Hz.
    I'm doing the encoding with virtualdub, and i trind various codec combinations (divx5, 4.12, 4.0x) but the problem is the same. For sound i encode with frauhofer mp3 codec or lame, it doesn't matter. Also, if i don't compress the sound everything works perfectly!!! I tried to reinstall the audio codec and the problem it's still there. Any sugestions ?
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Hi,

What application do you use to play back your divX files?
    The official DivX player will play back divX files in perfect sync, which seem useless when you play them in Windows Media Player.

landrover
    -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
    2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    Matrox Parhelia 128
    Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
    Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
    Maxtor 300 GB for video
    Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
    Win XP Pro

At work:
    Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
    Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

hi!
      as i suspected, there is no difference between players, either the divx player, realone, media player, rad player, etc. The problem is somehow related to sound recording (interleaving??) maybe, because IF i keep the sound uncompressed everytihng is okay and synced.
      1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,

Comment

as a conclusion, if someone it's interested or searches this subject, the problem seem to occur when you're recording at 22050 hz pcm. All the stuff recorded at 44100 has no problem at all. The sync problem was finnaly resolved encoding with Lernout and Hauski SBC codec. Donno what the hell is this, but it works.

Comment

I don't understand it either. I encode from 22K audio source most of the time using the Fraunhofer codec and have never had any sync problems (that is when playing back with the DivX Player).
          Glad the problem's solved, though...

landrover
          -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
          2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
          Matrox Parhelia 128
          Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
          Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
          Maxtor 300 GB for video
          Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
          Win XP Pro