Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDCAP.DLL and Marvel G-200

Hello folks,

I took a look around the forum and it appears there are quite a number of well-informed Matrox users here. I was wondering if someone could address the following issue for me.

I have a Marvel G200 on a Win 98 box. It came with Avid Cinema and I've now been able to get the system to capture and playback with that software. It also captures using AV_IO.

My problem is this - I want to use the Marvel to capture still line drawings into an animation program called AXA. What I’m hoping to use it for is a video animation line-test system. Real-time capture isn’t necessary – but it appears VFW compatibility is.

When I try to do a capture with AXA, it tells me it can't find any capture hardware. I run into this same problem when using Microsoft's VidCap utility that comes with Video For Windows. It appears both these programs are looking for a VIDCAP.DLL software driver that doesn't appear anywhere on my system or any of the installation discs. I note that the Marvel SDK manual shows quite clearly on page 32 that VIDCAP.DLL is required and is something that’s supposed to be supplied by Matrox.

Does anyone know where I can locate a copy of VIDCAP.DLL? Or perhaps there is another way I can get the system to recognize the Marvel as a standard video capture device.

Thanks in advance - Verne

Vcap16.dll is the only one I found here.
    Running G_200 marvel within Win98 OS...
    no vidcap.dll exists I guess......

"OO"

check this page though => http://www.dps.com/custserv/DPSWebDL...1?OpenDocument
    celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Comment

Working...
    X