Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing the marvel g400 hardware codec

Hi!
    I was testing an older version of morgan's mjpeg soft codec, and i have read in the install file that you can replace the hardware codec for rr series, with their codec, for WinNt4. So, i thought, if hardware is not really available in many cases, and anyway you can't use the pc-vcr (which really pisses me off, because sometimes i want to record something quickly), MAYBE, you can do the same thing in win2k, so you can freely use the pc-vcr to record. Anyone tried this before?
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Yes, a software MJPEG codec can read hardware MJPEG encoded files. But you can't replace the capture properties of PC-VCR from hardware to software MJPEG. You'll have to do your capturing with a third-party app like AVI_IO. B.t.w, this is just as simple as PC-VCR, only better.

landrover
    -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
    2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
    Matrox Parhelia 128
    Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
    Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
    Maxtor 300 GB for video
    Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
    Win XP Pro

At work:
    Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
    Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

PICvideo's codec is better than Morgan's, IMHO
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

PICvideo is not only better, it is easy to uninstall if you wish.
        Morgan MJPEG codec installs almost over the entire system and difficult to uninstall.

Fred H
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes, in fact you were right about morgan. They install all over the place. In fact, they just did what i wanted to do: they replaced to hardware codec. I captured soething from the pc-vcr and i had the surprise to see that it is encoded with morgan mjpeg. Don't ask me how, it just happend. And i'm not a computer newbie... i'am a programmer ..
          1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
          WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Working...
          X