G400 TV instead of DC30 plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 TV instead of DC30 plus

I currently own a DC 30 plus and an ATI Rage 128 but was thinking of trading them in for a G400 TV combo for the improved 3D performance and dualhead. Can someone tell me how well the card works with MSP 6. Does it scrub well in the preview and source window? Timeline playback? Any feedback would be appreciated. I am very interested in Matrox products as I just got a rt2000 system to use at work today. Tahnk You

Hi Jstar,

The DC30+ will give you as good as G400 for vid cap, and possibly better if you have a well-tuned system. Having said that, the G400's dual-head is a BIG bonus for editing (let alone the 3D for gaming). If it wasn't for the TV bit, I'd advise you to get a G400 Millennium for your display and stick with the DC30+ for capture.

Just for the record, I've used both DC30+ and G400 Marvels, and loved them both. The DC30 is not an easy beast to tame, but once you've got it, it's a better capture device than the Marvel (IMHO).

Comment

A while back, didn't someone say the G400 Marvel supported Directdraw/DirectX overlay?

That would mean you could use the DC30 and G400 Marvel. I don't think two overlays are allowed at the same time, so you couldn't run G400 Tuner/Capture and DC30 captures together, but unless there are insurmountable MJPEG codec clashes, this would be a cool setup, given he already has the most expensive piece (DC30) and the G400 Marvel is price competitive with most video boards better that the ATI Rage128.

--wally.

Comment

Working...
      X