Video tools 2.10 - audio whistle - exit PC-VCR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video tools 2.10 - audio whistle - exit PC-VCR

I have just installed video tool 2.10a on my Marvel G400-TV with Win2K (SP3) since installing 2.04 did not put the PC-VCR on my kids user accounts (it's OK on my administrator account).

Anyway, when I exit PC-VCR the audio sound (which was the TV channel I was watching) suddenly becomes a horrible whistle. I have to manually go into sound properties and mute the line-in.

Does anyone know why this happens? How can it be fixed in PC-VCR? How can I get video tools 2.04 installed on the kid's user accounts (2.04 correctly turned off the line-in).

Thanks for any help.

The source of the sound is probably some kind of bug in 2.10 which i also encountered myself. I don't know any real solution to this, except to mute the tv tuner from the remote before turning it of.
    And no, you can not, the far as i know, have different instalations of vt because they have common files locations, and they would overwrite one another. Sorry.
    Maybe somebody else have a better solution.
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Sounds like the same feedback I've experienced. You probably have the levels too high in your audio control panel. Double-click your speaker icon in your system tray and inch the levels down until the squeal disappears.

What kind of soundcard (not that it will matter)?

Kevin

Comment

KRSESQ, i don't think has anything to do with the levels. The software probably forgets the close the sound direct sound channel and the not-tuned tvtuner sound gets mixed in. Also, anothe issue with the vt2.10 it is that you have no sound in composite input. Did you tried that,

I was thinking if maybe (that's because i love Matrox ) , maybe this is because the vt2.10 are not really designed for g400 marvel, but for g450 marvel which is a bit different (i assume) in hardware.
        Maybe somebody else has some improved feedback on this.
        1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,

Comment

As much as I thought.

However, when I tried re-installing 2.04 I got the same problem! Note, I had uninstalled 2.10, PD5.39, reinstalled Via 4-in-1, PD5.39, VT2.04 (official) and I still get the whistle!

Even more curious is that now I am back at 2.04 none of my "normal user" accounts under Win2K have PC-VCR icon on the desktop. I am sure that ages ago when I installed 2.04 it created icons for my administrator and normal user accounts. Have I screwed something up big time?

Thanks for some response even if it's not with the answer I require!

Comment

Completely uninstalling the VT 2.10, and installing VT 2.04 (logged in as Administrator) did not make VT 2.04 available to all? Strange indeed.

If the desktop icons are not created automatically, you should be able to create icons for each account manually. Right-click desktop, choose New-->shortcut and browse to the Program Files\Videotools directory. On my system (Win98, VT 1.52) the target app is Vidpres.exe.

Sad fact is, getting these utils to work in Win2k is problematic to say the least! If ALL you want to do is watch TV, you can usually get them to work that far. Capturing is another question as hardware MJPEG is not enabled in Win2K (but you probably know that already...).

Kevin

Comment

I would have thought 2.04 would be available to all as well! I was logged in as Administrator (can't uninstall/install without it).

I am seriously thinking about getting a separate capture card (Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe) but have got no response from their technical support so far.

Comment

try uninstalling all matrox software with the matrox uninstall utility. I had the same problems, probably related to registry settings. This utility can be found in the matroxusers files archive. This may be the cure!

Comment

Thanks. I also posted my VT2.04 problem over at Matrox's own forum. Vicken said it only installed to the current user. I made all users Administrator and installed to each and then made them all normal users again. This fixed my VT2.04 setup, I'll stick with that rather than use 2.10a with the whistle.

Thanks for the help guys (or gals).

Comment

Working...
                  X