Fun with VirtualDub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NLE= Non linear Editing

and what I call my video editing computer computer....

About your problem:

Previous posters have covered about anything that could be the problem
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I know, but it's still not solved. So there's still more to list!

Comment

kooldino

The manufacturers website you linked to for product details is up-to maggots and all the darn reviews posted on the web echos that crappy info - there is simply nothing as far as details on capturing there. If you have something half descent ito specs on the printed material you got with the card, why not scan it or take a pic of the relevant resolutions rumoured to be supported for raw RGB/YUY video captures and publish it here/elsewhere with a link?

I have found this though, where it is stated that Image capture is 640*480 in jpg format - perhaps there is a clue there?.

I have also found this page - look in the spec column where it says it can do at best "Motion video capture near real-time @ 320x240 ". Don not confuse "Up to 768x576 for PAL/SECAM and 640x480 for NTSC resolutions" in the same column with what you are trying to do - that may only be the size of the content screen you can view on your PC monitor or the (hardware ???) mpeg encoding abilities.

You have also not answered marshmallowmans' original question (can you capture at full res using the software that came with the card? ) properly - are you in fact able to capture with the manufacturers software at the 640x480 rumour you are propagating to non mpeg/mpeg2/DVD files while using any other codec on your machine to produce an .avi file and not a mpeg/mpg file?

My guess is you simply have a really pathetic waste of electronic componets there if they are calling it a capture card.
        Last edited by LvR; 24 November 2002, 00:32.
        Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by LvR
          kooldino

The manufacturers website you linked to for product details is up-to maggots and all the darn reviews posted on the web echos that crappy info - there is simply nothing as far as details on capturing there. If you have something half descent ito specs on the printed material you got with the card, why not scan it or take a pic of the relevant resolutions rumoured to be supported for raw RGB/YUY video captures and publish it here/elsewhere with a link?
          I'll give a look through the papers tonight...
          I have also found this page - look in the spec column where it says it can do at best "Motion video capture near real-time @ 320x240 ". Don not confuse "Up to 768x576 for PAL/SECAM and 640x480 for NTSC resolutions" in the same column with what you are trying to do - that may only be the size of the content screen you can view on your PC monitor or the (hardware ???) mpeg encoding abilities.
          I do have a slightly different version of the card (i have the deluxe), but I don't know if the board is actually different or not.

You have also not answered marshmallowmans' original question (can you capture at full res using the software that came with the card? ) properly - are you in fact able to capture with the manufacturers software at the 640x480 rumour you are propagating to non mpeg/mpeg2/DVD files while using any other codec on your machine to produce an .avi file and not a mpeg/mpg file?
          I CAN cap 640x480 with the manufactuerer's software, but it's choppy as all hell.

My guess is you simply have a really pathetic waste of electronic componets there if they are calling it a capture card.
          Eek, don't be so harsh on it! It beats the TV Wonder VE I was using.

Comment

I CAN cap 640x480 with the manufactuerer's software, but it's choppy as all hell.
            Kooldino

OK - 640x480 with wich codec?

Once you have done such a capture, please post the properties as returned by Explorer for that file - ie - audio and video properties.
            Last edited by LvR; 25 November 2002, 10:56.
            Lawrence

Comment

Working...
            X