What Capture card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Capture card

I tend to edit the occasional ski video and some other stuff for friends. I capture with the DC30+ in Windows 98SE and edit on Windows 2000 with Premiere but I can't capture straight in Win 2000 due to the drivers and 2/4GB limit.
    I am now thinking about changing my DC30+ to the RT.X10 but the compatibility list rules out my motherboard but it is on the RT2500 compatibility list.
    I also have to consider MPEG-2 streams as I output the video for writing onto DVD-Rs as well as onto S-VHS tape. I know the RT.X100 would be a better choice for MPEG2.

I know I would have to upgrade my graphics card.

If I just bought a replacement motherboard, processor, ram, Ultra 160 SCSI card and graphics card. I could get either the X.10 or the X.100 but this will cost more than getting a RT2500 and a graphics card.

Any recommendations for motherboard/graphics card/capture card?

Brian Darroch

Dual PIII-1GHz
    Asus CUV4X-DLS 512MB RAM
    Matrox Marvel G200
    Pinnacle DC30+
    SB Live
    72GB Ultra 160 SCSI

Have you thought about an IEEE-1394 card with an analogue<> DV bridge on your existing system? A lot less hassle and cheaper and it'll do all the inputs/outputs you want.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yeah, but no "real time"!

DJ

Comment

Exactly

You can set your system up for an RT.X100 rather cheaply too.

A cheap mainboard like the MSI 745 Ultra (~$65) combined with an AthlonXP 2000+ (~$80) and 512 mb of DDR266 (~$130) memory is all it takes.

$225 isn't too bad of a system upgrade when you consider the numerous advantages of the RT.X100; which include composite/s-video and IEEE-1394 capture & export.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 November 2002, 13:31.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X