Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Sound problem when setting up 2 mga cards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Sound problem when setting up 2 mga cards!

I tried to put my old myst220+RRS combo and Millenium G200 together, but couldn't have sound then. Sound card is Creative AWE32. I tried in different ways, but sound wouldn't want to come back.

Is there any confilict or bug of AWE32 living with 2 grafic cards? If I reinstall windows, could the problem be resolved? And can I do it while both of the mga cards on the board, or I need to take one out? sorry, my first time to run 2 grafic cards on a computer. and thanks a lot!

Windbell

Check your IRQs. Also, have you been able to capture without sound?
    Deep is not the root word of depression.

Comment

Hi Fengzi,

You said that after you installed these cards togewther you couldn't have sound. Are you referring to no sound when capturing, when trying to play a CD/music file on your desktop, no music from the TV Tuner of the Rainbow Runner Studio, etc..
      What exactly is the scenario?

Also, when you installed the Myst220+RR Studio, are they set up to be the primary card on your system? If not, you wil lose the cpture options as well as the TV Tuner feature. The My220+RR Studio must be as the primary cards.
      EvEeRy OnE hAs ThE rIgHt To Be StUpId, BuT tHiS iS aBuSiNg ThE pRiViLeGe...

Comment

Thank you very much. The problem was I couldn't get any sound at all, even playing CD or mp3. but it's over now, 'cos I formated drive C and installed Windows ME.

everything Seems ok now. Sounds come back, and RR's capture runs well. I believe there was something wrong with the configuration before I reinstall the system, but couln't find. New system saved me.

Comment

Working...
        X