Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does you video card to TV out without black border on the TV screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does you video card to TV out without black border on the TV screen?

I know we went through this a year or so ago, but I am hoping things may have changed since then.

I used to owna ATI AIW 128 and a 128Pro video card. I liked the cards a lot, but one problem I had with them was their inability to fill the ENTIRE TV screen with video when using the TV out. There would always be a black border at the bottom of the screen, no matter how I worked the adjustments or whatever "overscan" hack I tried to apply.

Now realize that with the "right" TV some people may not have this problem, but from what I've read around the net, most people do have the black border at the bottom, or at least somewhere.

I am currently using a g450eTV and have NO complaints with it. It is rock solid and does TV out without hassle or black borders.

The problem is that I'm thinking about getting a LCD monitor and would need a DVI out on the video card to get the best picture quality out of the monitor.

As such, I am looking for a video card that does TV out without the borders on the TV. Hopefully, one of the new ATI AIW products will do it so that I can continue to have TV capability on my computer screen. I've really grown accustomed to that feature.

Any info on this greatly appreciated.

- Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

I can't speak for the newer AIWs, but I test drove a Radeon 7500 AIW a while back and hated the black borders. Worse, I couldn't adjust them to be uniform on all borders of the screen. Sent it back and got a DVD burner instead.

So I'm still running a Marvel G200. When I upgrade the next step will probably be a 450 eTV. Needless to say, I'm a little behind the curve (not by choice).

Kevin

Comment

Good information. Looks like I'll be staying with my e450TV for a while longer.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X