Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segmented file capture

I have a little problem....
    When i capture with my g200 every splitted file have a different frame rate (from 24.997 to 25.004 - PAL).

The only solution I have found to join this files is Premiere 6.5, but sometime I found problem with audio resync...

It is possible to reduce the size of splitted file (littlefile=little Audio error)?

Thx

Right principle - wrong software. Try avi_io instead!
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Absolutely.

First of all PC-VCR will not lock the frame rate accurately, as you have discovered.

Secondly PC-VCR will drop frames between segments, which is a no-no for continuity or audio synch.

The cure is as Flying Dutchman said: AVI_IO.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

AvI_IO and similar software have a big problem...

When you try to capture video with damaged frame or total white frame (similar flash) they stop capture and drop all frame...

No similar problem with matrox PC-VCR.

Comment

I can't confirm this.
          Avi_io has the capture option "insert drops as full frames" which simply replaces missing frames with the last "good" frame. A damaged frame should do no harm.
          Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Flying Dutchman is correct. In this mode any drops will also not cause the usual loss of audio synchronization you see with multiple frame drops.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Stark

I concur with FD. In my long-gone Marvel days, I considered AVI_IO as the only way to go, just because it "repaired" the almost inevitable drops, as well as seamless capture. In fact, towards the end of Marvel, I was getting an average of 1 drop per 2 hours of video capture and AVI_IO replaced the faulty frame very well.

As I write this, I'm transferring an old 95 minute commercial VHS tape of relatively mediocre quality to DVD. I know that if I were to use Marvel without AVI_IO, I'd have had hell's own job with it and moderate difficulties with AVI_IO, possibly a goodly number of repaired drops. As it is, captured in DV format with MSP (zero drops), some video filters applied, rendered to MPEG-2 with a noise reduction filter (taking 22 h 35 min!!!) and the result will be better than viewing the original tape (better colour/white balance and luminosity/contrast, lower noise). However, with a Marvel, under such circumstances, you would not get such good results, but with AVI_IO, the difference would hardly be noticeable.

Believe me, from someone who used Marvel for years, go for AVI_IO.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Working...
              X