Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox RT.X100

Hei,

I lended this card home to test it and finally write some kind of overview about it to a computer magazine. But seems, my computer does not get well along with it - crashes soon after i start using real time effects. Capture works fine.

So, my two questions:
    1) Does anybody have good experience with this card or does anybody use it on everyday basis. Could you write me a mail, i would like to hear your comments.
    2) Has anybody managed to get this card running stable on AMD?

Thank you!

Better post this in the Desktop Video forum http://forums.murc.ws/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=7

They know everything about the RT.X100
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Yep.
      the Desktop Video forum is the place to ask, so this thread will be moved there...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The first question I have is what are your system specs? Mainboard brand & type, CPU, installed memory.....all of it. Also the OS, DirectX version, MediaPlayer version etc. etc.

Once we have those parameters down we can try figuring out something.

As for running on AMD;

Yes if all you mean is with an AthlonXP CPU.

No if you mean with a VIA chipset on your mainboard. They will not work with hardware that puts a high demand on the PCI bus to host memory performance. VIA chipsets are crippled in that way and cause problems with lots of high performance hardware.

The key is therefore a quality mainboard with a NON-VIA chipset. Options include the SiS 745, the upcoming SiS 746 (sweet!), 100% AMD chipped mainboards and perhaps (likely?) those using the nForce2 chipset...although test resuts with this one are scarce.

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 December 2002, 15:57.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi, just to add im running with an RTx100 and its great.

I have had a slight probelm with projects ive moved over from when i had an rt2000.. for some reason its hit and miss if i try to apply realtime effects to a previously captured clip.
          but new stuff ive captured is fine and if i need to apply effects to some old stuff i just export it as an rtx100 avi and bring it back into premiere...

i had a via chipset once.. had a few niggly problems, ive been with an intel chipset ever since. Im pentium and proud baby
          Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I have a number of motherboards (including VIA and NForce2 ones) I'd like to test this card on but I can't seem to get any response from Matrox. Doc was kind enough to pass my details on but still no reply. Does anyone know who I can call up here in the UK (or indeed any Matrox Office Worldwide) to enquire about a review sample? Thanks.
            Nethermancer

Comment

Working...
            X