No announcement yet.

Ulead MovieFactory 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One new thing in both it and MSPro7 is support for DVD VR (DVD Real-time Video). You can capture straight to a DVD RW then edit out the commercials etc. later.

Cool.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yeah but can you then copy the disk to DVD+R or DVD-R?

I tried doing this with the Philips DVCR-985 -- editing out the comercials was too tedious to be practical but it did work. But when I tried to copy the disk using Nero I got errors that made me think of "cross-linked" files, but the net result was I couldn't burn to a more compatible media :-( At this point I returned the DVCR.

Compatabiity of DVD+RW disks is so poor as to make this a non-feature unless you can then copy the disk to DVD+R or DVD-R.

--wally.

Comment

The Video ToolBox bundle features a version that can edit DVD-RAM media (DVD-VR format):

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

I think it also allows for real-time *writing* to DVD-RAM media.

As the owner of two DVD-RAM/DVD-R systems, I am very interested.

Jerry Jones
        I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
        Last edited by Jerry Jones; 16 December 2002, 15:50.

Comment

Yes, their promise is upheld: the boxed upgrade version is now available ($39.95) and I've ordered it. I hope to see shortly what it will do! Will give this forum my impressions.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

OK, I've got MF2 working.

There is a BLOODY GREAT limitation in it.

I put in a 4.2 Gb MPEG-2 file, which it accepted nicely. I put in chapter points every 3 minutes and juggled the thumbnails, no problem.

However, it is impossible to get a single layer menu. All the chapter points are in a submenu, with just the start of the project in the main menu. It is impossible to add chapters to the main menu, or eliminate it, just to have the submenu with the chapter points. This is real S..T, because there is no reason on earth to have a menu with a single item on it, before accessing the chapter menu.

Otherwise, my first reaction is favourable, with loads of new features I haven't tested yet.

IMHO, hold back from purchasing just yet.

Comment

Thanks Brian! If there is no solution to this, it'd be *worse* than the bugs I'm working around now.

--wally.

Comment

Complaint noted and passed on to Ulead.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 January 2003, 17:04.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Doc

Thanks! I've already notified the techies at Ulead, myself.

Wally

If you e-mail me at brian@bnellis.com, I'll send you some further info which is not really relevant to a forum.

Comment

As I get farther into MF 2, I'm hitting some real limitations. I'll report in more detail, later, when I've confirmed the extent of the problems. I feel that Ulead may have to patch in a few items to make it really viable. On the whole, it's OK, but some details still need attention. Watch this space...

Comment

Working...
                    X