Freevcr-a capture gift from heaven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freevcr-a capture gift from heaven!

There is a free video capture program available from the web called Freevcr and it may be the answer to all your needs! This program will capture with most capture drivers but needs the wdm-vfw-wrapper to use ATI cards with the latest WDM drivers. So what’s so good about it: try this.

1. Built in deinterlacing
    2. Real time Chroma noise reduction (works very well indeed-better than virtual dub’s)
    3. Locks video and audio together so no sync problems
    4. Will segment video into less than 2gb chunks with no lost frames! Gets around windows file size barrier. This works really well and I have captured 2 hour music videos without missing any frames.
    5. Can be set to record for a pre-set number of seconds-unattended recordings.
    6. Can do custom formats
    7. Depending on the capture driver, gives access to brightness, colour and contrast of capture.
    8. Can save different profiles for different projects.

There is one bug: because of the way is captures the video (into small files then combines them) if the video sync is lost, eg if the source tape finishes and the video stops playing, then most of the capture is lost. You either have to be there to stop the capture before the video finishes or set the total length of the video, minus a couple of seconds, into the pre-set capture option.

Using Freevcr and Picvideo or Huffyuv it is possible to capture complete movies in high quality to your computer with no lost frames. I find it better than virtual dub, cheaper than AV_IO and very stable.

Sorry: here's the URL

Comment

That Site is a popup menace!!

The program itself looks interesting
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yes, the pop ups are awful, they weren't there a while ago. It is worth trying though, it doesn't install on the computer (I think) just runs from it's folder. I haven't found any thing better. The fact that not a single frame is lost between segments does it for me. You can get away with a few dropped frames on a movie but when creating a music video it stands out like a mile.

Comment

Oh: before you ask. I don't know what 'chain' does! I leave it unticked

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
            That Site is a popup menace!!
            He he, that's what Phoenix is for...
            No popups unless you explicitely allow the site to do so.
            But we named the *dog* Indiana...
            My System
            2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
            German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
            X