dvd playback problems with mystique/rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvd playback problems with mystique/rr

hello group... my apologies in advance if these newbie questions have been covered... didnt see them in the faq search tho...

my system is a p3 6oo running 98se... using an old matrox mystique with the rainbow runner studio... so far i have been able to work out most of the video capture issues... but here is one i am stuck on...

my computer came with a dvd player i use occasionally... since i installed the matrox mystique/rr, i cannot get any of the software dvd decoders to play back dvd... i have tried windvd & powersoft... but there seems to be a problem with the config... or the amount of memory on the card...

also... i had to uninstall my original video card in order to get the matrox to work... my original plan was to use the old card (an ati xpert 99, i think) for the monitor & just use the matrox for vid captures... but when i installed it, it said the drivers were wrong (i checked- they werent)... then when i switched the bios to recognize the pci card first, it kept crashing during booting sequence... this was only remedied by completely removing the ati card & using the matrox for the monitor...

any solutions?
    or did i get a dinosaur card that wont allow dvd playback? any fixes?
    and can i reinstall my ati & use that for dvd/monitor? as i originally intended?

thanx
    ~will s.

I use Power DVD 4 with limited success in Win2K. Not exactly full motion playback. I suspect that it is lack of video ram thats the problem..
    paulw

Comment

Hi I had a similar problem until I blasted all dvd software and put Power dvd on. It now works good . I use win98se, mystique 220 and RRS
      One other thing I blasted media player7 away stayed with 6.4
      smitty

Comment

Yup...some of the older software & drivers definitely work better with WMP 6.4.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hanging on to old technology

It's not 100% clear whether any of you are referring to playback on the computer monitor or using the TV out of the RRS.

I use a PCI 8Mb Mill2/RRS combination with PowerDVD XP 4.0 running Win98SE. (The AGP card is also an 8Mb Mill2.) The playback is fine on both the computer monitor and on the TV but it's not perfect. On the TV if there's a quick pan it's almost like the image gets cut in half horizontally and the upper half is shifted slightly from the lower.
          Last edited by Patrick; 18 December 2002, 02:03.

Comment

thanx for the responses... i am talking about playback on the monitor... haven't hooked it up to the tv yet (no tv out, but could patch thru a vcr using the composite video out)...
            how much difference is there between the matrox mystique card & the mystique 220? will the rainbow runner card connect to a 220? ( i see some very cheap on ebay)... if that upgrade will help, i might try it...
            i will have to check my version of windows media player to see what i have... sounds like a good hint tho... thanx again...

Comment

I have never been able to get my Myst220/RRS to output anything other than the Matrox MJPEG codec.
              Have I missed something somehow.
              Clem Reid
              Toshiba P200 notebook
              Dual core 2.16Ghz
              2Gb Ram
              2 x 160Gb HDD
              XP Pro
              DVD Multi drive

Intel P4P800 865PE
              2GB DDR333
              1 x 120Gb SATA Seagate 7200
              WXP Pro
              A06 DVD Writer
              Samsung CDR/RW

Intel 815EP P111 1ghz
              512mg 133Ram
              40Gb ATA Seagate 7200
              200Gb ATA Seagate 7200
              WXP
              Samsung CDR/RW
              Poineer DVD Rom

1 X 250Gb ATA Seagate 7200 in caddie
              1X 250GB Maxtor in Caddie

Comment

From the archives

Clem, maybe this old thread will help you out.

matrox mystique tv-out !?!?!

Comment

Working...
                X