this sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this sucks

Montreal, Canada - December 18, 2002 - Matrox Video Products Group today announced that all purchasers of Matrox RT.X100 or RT.X10 cards between December 1, 2002 and February 28, 2003 are entitled to a free upgrade from Sonic Solutions DVDit! LE to DVDit! SE, a $199 US value.

What about those of us who have purchased previoulsy?
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

That's the name of the game unfortunately.

Matrox isn't alone in this, all companies often have sales insentives, or promotions just like cell phone packages (which pisses me off the most) or Car dealerships etc.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

I bought an RT.x10 in September, but I have never used DVDit and don't plan to. From my experience with DVDit and MYDVD in the past, and from reading what others have experienced, its not really worth having anyway. You don't get the AC3 (dolby) audio in the SE version, and why else would you want the program?

I think Ulead's Movie Studio, and DVD Workshop blow DVDit out of the water.

but, then, what do I know,

not much,

Ted
      Premiere PRO XP Pro
      Asus P4s533
      P4-2.8
      Matrox G450
      RT.x100
      45 GIG System Drive
      120 Export Drive
      Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
      17" P4-3 HT
      1024 RAM
      32 MEG GForce
      60 GIG 7200RPM HD
      80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
      DVD RW/RAM

Comment

I've used DVDiT for some time since it came with my RT-2000 card way back when and the same was the case with the RT.X100.

IMHO DVD Workshop blows DVDiT completely out of the water. Not even close.

DVD MovieStudio 2.0 is a bit less capable than DVDiT in some regards but if you only need 2 layers of menus it's more than enough. The DVD VR, VCD and SVCD support is also a big plus.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

thanks for the heads up folks.
          I'm d/l the dvd workshop trial version and will have a look at it.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Also stay tuned as Ulead will release DVD Workshop PRO SOON(tm)!

And I really hope this time they support AC3

Cheers,
            Elie

Comment

dvd workshop looks cool so far!
              Is there anyway to enable analog capture in any other ap other than premeire with my rtx10??

Comment

I would expect AC3 support to work its way through the Ulead product line since it's going to be in MediaStudio Pro 7.0.

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Great!

Now how do we get there without going broke buying bug ridden updates to fix the bugs we already have.

Let one little E Coli slip thru in a hamburger and you get your ass sued off, sell obviously defective software and ask to be rewarded by offering an "update" to fix the bugs for "only" $10 less than you paid the first time.

I'd be much more intrested in DVD MF 2.0 new features if the two major bugs in DVD MF were fixed for free first!

Merry Xmas!
                  --wally.

Comment

Wally, are you talking about DVDit?

Just so you know, it isn't buggy software, just extremely limited in features. The upgrade to SE offers additional features like the ability to create chapter points etc.

For a comparison chart click here...

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Mostly I was talking about DVD MF. But my Pioneer A03 came with MyDVD and an downloadable update to some lame DVDit! version. Neither of these worked very well. It's been a good bit over a year, one would hope they'd have fixed a few problems with what is bundled now.

DVD MF is extreamly limited AND buggy! But my preference is for very simple menus which DVD MF 1.0 would easily meet if not for the bugs.

I hate the self-indulgent mult-layered menu's on commercial disks. I'd hold HBO's "Sex In The City" 3rd season set as a prime example of how obnoxious menus can interfere with enjoyment of the content.

Merry Xmas Y'all!

--wally.

Comment

Working...
                      X