Matrox RT.X100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox RT.X100

I'm having problems capturing audio from the line in 1 in premeire. I have a Creative Audigy 2 platium. The Matrox tools doesn't seem to alow me to capture anything from the line in on the back of the computer, it will only let me capture from the brake out box in the front which is line-in 2 and auxiliary 2. Has anyone else ran into this problem.
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

First of all, please download and install Service Pack1 for the RT.X100. That should solve some mixer issues.

Also there are two places to configure which line input to use...

First is in your Audigy windows mixer obviously, and the second in Premiere.
    Just click on preferences and go through the options until you find a section where it asks for audio source.

But don't forget SP1.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

yes

It has service pack 3 installed and the problem isn't with Adobe Premiere per say, because when you configure the inputs (video, audio) it's a Matrox window that pops up to be configed.

Comment

You are talking about WIndows 2000 Service Pack 3, I am talking about Xtools SP1, which you should download from the Matrox web site

Try it first and see if that fixes the problem.
        Also you may have to reinstall the Audigy drivers.

Comment

Hi

I have the sp 1 for matrox and have now disconected the audio breakout box. But I am still having problems with the sound. I will post a new thread with that problem. Nunchal
          ps thanks for your time.
          asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
          4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
          120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
          240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
          250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
          Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
          samsung 40x cdrw burner
          Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
          Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
          Matrox Rt.x100
          Ati Radeon 9800 pro
          19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
          Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
          Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong, but all the capturing for this card has to be done through the BOB or the 1394 port, not through the audio card
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

You should capture audio through the BOB when doing analog captures. Capturing from the SB's line in is a no-no.

IEEE-1394 devices transfer the audio as part of the DV stream, so the BOB and audio card should not be involved save for the audio playback during previews.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
              X