Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in converting from MJPEG to MPEG

Hi,

I have a problem when I convert video captured with MJPEG to MPEG-2. The video seems to be split into aany hotisontal "bars" that are out of sync with each other. What am I doing wrong?

In addition the captured video (I use RR) has a thick black bar at the top of the picture.

Kind regards,
    Henrik Sommer

What are you doing the conversion with?

And what are you playing the MPEG2 file with?
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

MJPEG video is interlaced, if you use full height captures. The horisontal bars are interlacing artefacts. They are visible only on PC monitor, but not on TV screen.

Black bar on top of the image is normal. It is also visible only on PC screen, but not on TV, because this area goes outside the TV screen on playback.

If you plan to watch movies on PC monitor, you need to deinterlace video. Or, you can turn ON BOB deinterlacing in some of PC players. For example, PowerDVD can do BOB deinterlacing with both mpeg1 and mpeg2 movies. The others can do deinterlacing only for mpeg2.

Grigory
      Grigory

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Pugh:
        What are you doing the conversion with?

And what are you playing the MPEG2 file with?
        The conversion has been done with Ulead Media Studio Pro 6.0, MPEG 2.

I am playing the file with both Windows Media Player and The Matrox player

Comment

Working...
        X