Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450eTV NTSC/PAL DiVX-AVI

Hi,
    I'm planning to buy the G450 etv. I'm from europe where pal is standard. I have a vcr who can playback ntsc.
    Is it possible with this card to capture the ntsc videotape and record it again to a pal video ?(with no troubles)
    Can I record divx avi movies or secured dvd to my pal vcr ?
    if some have experiance, please tel
    I'm running win XP
    txs

Moved to the Desktop Video forum, where you are more likely to get an answer.

(and welcome to MURC )
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The card should be able to capture the video if you use the video in connector, not the tuner.

As far as putting it back out as PAL, you'll need to do some crunching of the video. Depending on what it is, you may want to run it thru a inverse telecine filter in virtualdub to get it back to the original 24FPS (if it was from film originally), then simply do what most TV networks do to make it PAL... bodge the frame and audio rate so it comes out at 25FPS. Virtualdub can alter the frame rate easily, I would use Audacity (on sourceforge) to adjust the audio rate from say 44100 to 42336 (is that right??) and then remux with virtualdub.

Dont forget to resize the pic somewhere in there too.
      @DrP #Windows95 DALnet

Comment

Working...
      X