Enable Capture G400 TV Win XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable Capture G400 TV Win XP

Hi there I remember a while back when this was an issue someone posted the instructions on how to do this. I followed them but no luck. I can get the tv tuner to run just fine however I cannot get th capture to work in the video tools Can anyone help or point me to a site?

I had a version of video tools along with a reg file etc and I had enabled the full control for eveyone. Did anyone ever try this method?

Thanks,
    Trinidad <<I know it says Jonnhy5>>
    formerly known as << TRINIDAD>> until I forgot my password

Moved to the Desktop Video forum, land of the Marvels...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Greebe,

looks like Trinidad is referring to the Wise Vidtools 2.04.
      A while ago I sent you the package to have it placed in MURC's vidtools section.
      For no apparent reason my ISP has closed access to the domain on which my homepage resides (home.planet.nl/~editor).
      Therefore users can (for now) no longer download the Wise Vidtools from there. This would make it more important to have the package on MURC.

landrover
      -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
      2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
      Matrox Parhelia 128
      Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
      Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
      Maxtor 300 GB for video
      Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
      Win XP Pro

At work:
      Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
      Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Use this link at your own risk:

http://geocities.com/adis987/

Comment

Wow thanks very much,

however i could not download a few items from the site do you know of another place to complete everything. And do I have to re-install everything again or can I just follow the instructions and it shoudl work?

Thanks
          Trinidad :]
          formerly known as << TRINIDAD>> until I forgot my password

Comment

You should remove your current set of drivers and just follow his instructions.

I don't think that he has another site available. He just put this up recently and should be all working fine soon.

If you need to ask him something, he goes by the handle "adis" on our forums. I don't know if he's popped up in here yet.

Comment

Wow....

After 2 years of me holding off on 2000 & XP I find 2 solutions to the G400 Xp issue within a 2 week period...

Adis - do you know of Nicram's Solution for the RRG + G400 and XP?

Is this slightly different 'cause its for the Marvel?
              Do you think it would work for my RRG + G400 Dually + XP

mind you I'm running a VIA mobob and I reckon that could be half my problem with Nicram's solution. After all a couple have posted success....

Comments appreciated.

Comment

You might also try this...

thread

Comment

Here you can download NEW VideoTools 02.04.15a for Marvel G400-TV/WinXP.
                  Follow instructions from this page and everything will work fine!

Adis

Comment

Adis

Does the new Video Tools 02.04.15a work for Win2K+SP3? I tried it and now I get a BSOD on ntoskrnl.exe.

I wonder whether I should just use 5.88 display driver+02.04.15+MV patch. I seem to have downloaded a 2K registry patch but don't know what it does or what it is for.

Thanks

Comment

If you think on VTSRV.reg patch - it enables VideoTools services.
                      I was enable G400-TV on Win2K ~1 year ago with VT02.04.15/VTSRV.reg patch/PD 5.82.018. Not tried with my VT02.04.15a.

I maked VT02.04.15a for WinXP, not tested with 2K.
                      My page is updated, PD 5.82.018 works better than 5.88.061.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll stick with 5.82.

Should I go with the special extra dual-head support (different refresh rates for monitor and TV) or stick with the standard install? I have yet to try video editing with a TV attached. I believe with the TV attached the refresh rate drops to 50Hz.

Comment

Different users have different experiences.
                          Keep trying to make best what you can.

Some recommendations:
                          - capturing - AVI_IO and Ulead Media Studio
                          - codecs - PICVideo MJPEG or HUFFYUV (better quality but bigger files)
                          - if having problems with outputing MatroxMJPEG files to TV (DVDMax),
                          switch display mode to 24bit and then open the video file, it will work.

Adis

Comment

Working...
                          X