Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Pro Benchmark site revised

I have revised the MS Pro benchmark site, the new site is located here:

I've created a new MS Pro 7 test that uses actual video clips. The downside is the source clip is 10.6MB, MPEG-2 format that must be decompressed (or recompressed) to DV format. Detailed instructions are on the site. I think the advantages of using actual video outweigh the large download size.

I'm not sure if the script that runs from the download clip will be the final script. I'm going to wait until I get some feedback. We have to start somewhere though, so I'm putting something up now, rather than later.

I've also created a textless script that runs on both version 6 and 7 so we can compare rendering time and instant playback quality between both versions. That test will also have it's own page

Finally, I'm keeping the old page of 6.5 results.

Mark
    - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Mark

What about users in PAL land?

Brian
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Brian,

What do you suggest? I thought that since all versions of MS Pro have the capability to handle the NTSC video it would suffice. I wouldn't image huge difference between field and frame editing.

I guess I could deinterlace the source video and recompress another version to 25fps progressive... but then there would be a whole new set of times to report. I think we have to go either NTSC or PAL, not both, for the sake of efficiency.

I'm open to suggestions, as long as we don't let things get to complicated.

Mark
      Last edited by Hulk; 5 April 2003, 12:51.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

I don't think it would matter since the actual pixel count processed/second in NTSC vs. PAL is very close;

720x480x29.97 = 10,357,632 pixels/sec

720x576x25 = 10,368,000 pixels/sec

Given the very slight difference in processing being done I'd just have PAL users start MSPro in NTSC mode and run the NTSC test as is.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X