X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro7 patch public beta

Here's the first MediaStudio Pro 7 patch;

Here's what info I have on fixed bugs;

1. Conflict between InterVideo software (Audio Editor not able to load or error msg.)

2. Sudden drop in audio track

3. After applying title + shadow + animation Video Editor will crash during scrubs

4. Title will be stretched in 16:9 projects

5. After importing a 4.3g MPEG2 to Production Library the file properties are incorrectly shown

6. Fixed the HRC and IRC frequency issue in the US

7. Fixed A/V synch issue in Micro MV

8. Can't import VideoStudio6 project file

9. Jog bar will disappear if "Large Buttons" unchecked

10. Video Editor will crash after applying color or title to variable speed

11. Reverse the clip & trim: the results are wrong

12. Extract audio and video & create file: shouldn't re-render

13. Audio drop-out bug at 2:05 (inconsistant)

14. Micro MV: mark-in and mark-out & delete from batch list and VC will crash

15. Fixed Canopus Hardware encoder. You need to insert these keys in msp.ini;

[MPEGVIO]
    mpegdll0=uvMPEG2.dll
    mpegdll1=uvMPEGWO.dll
    SupportSwitch=1

16. nVidia DualHead support: clarifying

17. DVCAM decks & XL1 bugs: clarifying

18. Dual CPU (auto detect): please download the project file from Mark Dileo's website;

and test MSPRO7 DV and MPEG with/without dual CPU

19. Poor quality when converting PAL project to NTSC in DVDMF

20. Apply variable speed to clip, "Replace with" title or color and VE crashes

21. Loss of quality in high resolution image file with moving path

22. Title + animation + moving path: the setting and result are different

23. DV recording plugin cannot recognize a TV system if there is no tape inserted

24. Fixed the pre-scan in DV album feature + quick scan mode

Send reports to: jackhu@ulead.com.tw

I need some clarification on the nVIDIA and DVCAM deck issues, so more on them as soon as I get a reply to my inquiries.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

PS: the usual betatesting procedure is to test each reported fix and put those results in your report.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Doc

I can fill in on your point 17, as this is what I've been working on for several months.

Problem: **Some** DVCAM devices and **some** DV camcorders would not start the tape and record on Print-to-Tape, although most worked on Export. However, some devices did work.

Presumed diagnosis: different devices, even from the same maker, required different coding to start recording.

What the patch does: it is designed to start recording to all devices under all conditions on activating Print-to-Tape.

What the patch does not do: it will not necessarily start recording on either Normal or Instant View when Preview is activated to camcorder. However, the signal may go to a camcorder LCD. This is not felt to be a disadvantage because most users will not wish their camcorder to start whirring at every edit. If a newly edited part is required to be saved (e.g., as backup), then Print-to-Tape of a blue-lined preview selection can be used.

Testing I did: I am using a PAL version Sony DRV-1000P DVCAM drive. It previously worked OK on Export (with 6.0, 6.5 and 7.0) but never worked on Print-to-Tape. On the diagnostic trials, which formed the basis of this part of the patch, I obtained full functionality of Print-to-Tape. I've not yet tested the final patch, but anticipate no problem.

Hope this makes everything clear. I look forward to seeing public beta results from various camcorder and DVCAM users.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

What's missing is some docs referred to in the original text Jack sent me but not included.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X