Matrox eTV G450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox eTV G450

So.... I just saw info on the new Matrox G450 eTV card. I have an old Marvel G200. I know that the eTV uses MPEG-2 instead of the MJPG compression my card uses. In regards to their new card, I have a couple of questions:

- Does it work better with Premiere 5?
    (i.e. no freeze-ups when going between
    clip windows, less crashes, etc...--I
    already know about prem50.ini).

- When you play media files, do they
    still also output on the composite output?
    - Is rendering much slower now? I know they
    recommend a 600MHZ machine. (I have a
    P3 500MHZ, so I'm just below that I guess).

Hi Alex,

1 - We will only support, optimize and fix bugs for the software bundle that comes with the eTV.

2 - Don't quite understand. We allways output our clips on both s-video and composite outs.

3 - Anything lower than a PIII 600 will not be able to capture due to massive frame loss. If we detect a PIII 600, we will allow access to half res capture. If we detect a PIII 800, we will allow access to full res capture.

Haig

Comment

Haig,

You mention PIII only, is AMD unsupported ? I can imagine this being the case for the RT2000 but I would be surprised if you didn't support say the Duron that should be the processor of choice for those of us who don't spend all their money on hardware.

Farid

Comment

Sorry about that. As long as the CPU is a 600 (PIII or AMD), we will enable half res capture. If the CPU is an 800 (PIII or AMD), we will enable full res capture.

Once all gets finalized, we will have at least 2 system requirements posted. One for 2D/3D/DVD and the other for Video work including time shifting.

Haig

Comment

Will the e450 be able to do huffyuv capture right out of the box without any "Flying Dutchman" type hack?
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

As it stands now with our current internal build, you'll still have to use his hack. I don't know if this will change for th efinal release.

Haig

Comment

Working...
            X