video noise filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video noise filter

Anyone know of a filter to reduce chroma noise (the color frizz in vhs) that will either work as a plugin for mediastudio pro 6.5 or av_io?

I don't know if this is going to help you, but there is a filter for virtualdub called cnr (colour noise reduction) by Gilles Mouchard.
    mits,
    System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
    model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Here's the url to the CNR (chroma noise reduction) filter for VirtualDUB:

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thanks for the info but I don't use virtual dub! I'm just surprised ulead mediastudio pro hasn't got a decent noisr filter. Freevcr has an excellant noise filter but there is a strange bug in the pinnacle dc30 driver that can cause it to lose frames after 71 mins ! So, now I use av_io to capture and it hasn't got a filter.

Comment

NO editor has every feature you could want, which is why experienced editors have what we call a Tool Kit; and VirtualDUB (along with a good selection of plugins for it) is one of the most important tools to have in it.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Vixen Pro can also do noise reduction (along with a host of other corrections) - but it costs much moulah!
            Monte Pix
            CBIS Video
            Atlanta

Comment

Virtualdub is free and is one of the most handiest proggies to have around...Don't use it at your own peril

Comment

Working...
              X