Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium II PCI

sorry for my english.

hi, I live in México and I have a problem using my matrox.

My computer:
    Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz
    Motehrboard Shuttle MV43
    Monitor samsung Syncmaster 753s
    Win 98 SE
    DiectX 6.0
    Media Studio Pro 6.5
    Matrox Millenium II PCI
    MGA Power Desk v 4.31.041
    Rainbow Runner v 2.10.017

I am capturing with matrox MJPEG compressor (704x480) and don't have problem, but when I try to edit my system say:

Fatal Exception 00 0028:C15CEB68 in VXD IOMOD(2) + 00000358

I just can't work.
    is this problem by configuration or because the drivers?

PLEASE HELP

This probably won't help, but you should at least update your DirectX. It's up to DX9 now, I believe.

Comment

I already install DirectX9 in my sysetm but the problem it's here, I dont know what to do. I am just waiting for your answers because I just can't work anymore. I installed the latest versions of the drivers and programs, I formatted my HD 8 times and reinstall all the programs again, I change the Windows version from XP to 98 to 95 to 98SE.

somebody? please

Comment

Which codec are you using in your editor ?
        Last edited by Debbie; 30 June 2003, 23:42.
        We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

sorry for my ignorance, but,
          how can I know what codec am I using?

because I'm capturing with matrox MJPG compressor and in my editor I chose a project with the same option, I don't know if you're talking about it, in case not please tell me how to know it.

thanks

Comment

The MJPEG compresor is your codec, in the case of the Rainbow Runner(RR) its is actually a hardware compresiond/codec...

I don't know much about the, RR but it seems to be some kind of clash or problem with the playback codec part

You could try installing a software MJPEG codec for editing, I am not sure if this would work tho...

Comment

In Media Studio the codec will be "Matrox MJPG".
              Try to save your clip using another AVI codec that is available in Media Studio. In other words, avoid using Matrox MJPG during editing, just to see if the error is cleared or not.

Comment

You were right, the problem it's in the codecs.
                A few minutes ago I installed a Morgan-JPEG v.3 codec in my system and it's WORKING
                I think that it's a trial version but I'll try anyway.
                if sombody have a comment about it I like to know.

thanks for all

Comment

I would use PicVideo for editing it produces better quality.

When you use a codec other than the one that has been used during capture, you will notice that "smart edit" in media studio will not be effective during the first full edit, but on the next time you edit the clip again "smart edit" will work fine since you will be using the same codec.

Comment

now it happens another thing, I can work the edition without problems, but when I make a video file I just can't see it, I can hear the sound but the display it's pixeled all crazy, I can't see the error message (not in a blue screen), and the system stops and resets by himself.
                    my codecs problems are gone, but I think that I have a configuration problem, because one time appear a message in a blue creen it says something like:

error 0F FFFF:0000FFFF

one more thing, I can see my captured files. the problem it's with the edited files.

me again

Comment

Are you still using the Morgan codec. It can be conflicting with Matrox since both Matrox and Morgan fourCC is dmb1 while PicVideo is mjpg. You can try to edit using PicVideo.
                      Last edited by Debbie; 2 July 2003, 03:22.

Comment

Morgan tends to take over the computer and is hell to uninstall fully. PicVideo is the answer.
                        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Very much so, Brian !!

Comment

thankyou very moch for your help, I'm testing both and it's true, with morgan the computer turns off, but with PicVideo I have the company message in my work because I downloaded a trial version, so I'll work with the morgan's codec for a while untill I get money to buy the PicVideo codecs.

thanks again

axé

Comment

Glad to have been of some help.

Vai con Dios.

Comment

Working...
                              X