Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV-connection

Hello,

I intend to connect my G450 to a TV, but have some questions regarding the cabling. The G450 TV out cable offers a both a cinch and an svideo connection. The TV has 3 SCART-inputs (2x Y/C, 1x CVBS), a cinch AV (front) and an svideo (front). My VCR is connected to the CVBS (is required for TV-VCR communication), and I'd like to keep the front connections open.

Is there any point in getting a "cinch-audio + svideo to SCART" connector (1) over a "cinch-audio + cinch video to SCART" connector (2) ?
    I have seen there are "svideo to cinch" cables, and I'm wondering if connector (1) is converting the svideo to cinch (internally), or is connecting the svideo pins as such to the TV.
    (hope this question is understandable )

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Well, I have found this:

So this would suggest that an svideo->scart uses other pins than e.g. a cinch would, thus resulting in better image quality, right ?

Jörg
    pixar

Comment

yes
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Cool!
        Is it a big difference in image quality ?
        (I need to bridge about 3-5 metres)

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Yes, presuming a good source & cables.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            Yes, presuming a good source & cables.
            Well, I can't go wrong with a Matrox as source ... and the cabling: well, this explains the €20-€30 for 1.5 metres...
            (Just for testing, I connected the cinch to my front input, and the imagequality was already great. But for a definite setup, I don't have sufficiant cables; so I might as well go for optimum image quality)

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

If you want to perfect your cable add a ground connection between the case and the tv or vcr.
              Without it i experienced a lot of problems (Win XP did not recognize the external source)

Comment

Euhm (I should have checked the manual first, luckily I haven't bought cables yet)... My TV manual states
                EXT1: CVBS and RGB
                EXT2: CVBS, Y/C, RGB (+ provides additional VCR communication)
                EXT3: CVBS only
                FRONT: svideo, cinch

As EXT2 is already in use (for my VCR), I think going from svideo to scart is out of the question ?

Does this mean I have to decide to either go cinch (through scart), or svideo through the front AV connection ?

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

Euhm, I just found a connector, scart on one side, 3x cinch (video, audio L+R) and svideo on the other. There also is a switch for selecting input or output.

Does this transfer to scart in CVBS, or in Y/C ? Or will it depend on either the svideo or the cinch cable ?

Jörg
                  pixar

Comment

I have a connector just like that. Works fine with the output from the Parhelia; really good quality DVDs. I use the cinch cables.
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                    X