RRG Capturing Woes - Any Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRG Capturing Woes - Any Suggestions?

Just upgraded my system and I was hoping to be able to do some video capturing done on my Rainbow Runner G, and encode it to SVCD.

I'm running a Duron 800 overclocked to 1030 with 256MB RAM on a KT7-RAID. Before, my problem was my HD wasn't fast enough, and now, my HD is blazingly fast, but my CPU is maxed out. And my CPU is over 1GHz!

I'm capturing with VirtualDub 1.4b at 352x240. I'm compressing with PicVideo MJPEG codec on an average quality setting. And I get dropped frames. What the heck can I do to capture home video and get good results? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Why don't you use the Matrox hardware Mjpeg codec??
    It produces great results, you can capture at full 704x480 res 6.6:1 compression, once your done, you can convert it to whatever format you want.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

You could try capturing in YUY2 format and compressing with HuffYUV on the fly. I'm able to do 704x480 captures with this setup on a 650MHz P-III with no trouble at all. You'll need to use Flying Dutchman's YUV enabling utility in the links section of this site. HuffYUV is a lossless codec, unlike MJPEG which greatly degrades the quality of the source material and can wreack havoc with an MPEG encoder.

Kefoo

Comment

Working...
      X