A DVD burner for all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A DVD burner for all

LG Electronics is now shipping the GSA-4040B Multi-Format DVD burner which writes to DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CD-R, and CD-RW.

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

I'm sure some of you could put such a unit to great use. I've got a new need for DVD-RAMs now that I have the Panny DMR-E80H and I'm thinking a burner in my PC would be nice for data backups vs. CD-RWs. I also hope to someday get more ambitious with my E80H videos and enter the world of PC based authoring and this drive would allow me to import/export between the two.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

hmm... sounds interesting... DVD-RAM support!

anybody thinks LG 4040B is better than Pioneer A06?

Comment

I'm leaning toward the 4040B, but both are a little new, I'm waiting for some reviews.

--wally.

Comment

Does the tray support cartridge or just non-cartridge? I'd only go for a burner that supported types I, II, III (non cartridge) and IV.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The information that I found on this drive a month or so ago said that it didn't take cartridged DVD-RAM disks. I went for the Panasonic Drive instead and just ignored +R/RW compatibility as my home dvd player (ageing and creaking Sony one) will play -R media.

Taliska
          Last edited by Taliska; 3 August 2003, 09:31.
          Gigabyte GA-8KNXP, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 1Gbyte DDR400 RAM
          Matrox P750, Matrox RT.X10
          2x Maxtor 120G & 1x 300G SATA drives, Panasonic DVD-RAM drive
          Windows XP Pro, Premiere Pro 7.0

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            Does the tray support cartridge or just non-cartridge? I'd only go for a burner that supported types I, II, III (non cartridge) and IV.

Dr. Mordrid
            The LG link I provided states:
            Supported Disc:
            Standard CD 12cm and 8cm(Horizontal Loading Only)

DVD-RAM: Non-cartridge, Type2(disc removable) cartridge, Type4(disc removable) cartridge
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

*Bump*

I am just curious if the LG 4040B supports easywrite. Anybody can comment on this?

Its not like i need it, but I am just wondering...

Comment

Working...
              X