Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware DivX Codec Packs

According to Microsoft:

"Nimo and Tsunami codec packs are untested compilations of various codecs and filters commonly used on the Internet."

"Incompatibilities are known to exist with some of the components in the packs."

"The incompatibilities can cause serious playback issues in Windows Media Player and other multimedia programs, lead to system corruption, and make it difficult for Microsoft Support to diagnose and troubleshoot playback issues."

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

I wonder if some of the problem is that Microsoft is trying the propriety codec trick and cripplinging other competing codecs with media player from working correctly??
    paulw

Comment

My heart bleeds for Micro$oft

Graham

Comment

Welll it is true, codec packs do cause some problems......But MS auto installing some of its crippled codecs is a probalem in itself.

Comment

Nimo codec pack caused malfunctions in MSP 6.5 and MSP 7.0.
          Video Editor lost the scissors mark, lost the double extension arrows or, sometimes the timeline zoom didn’t work and more and more.
          I won’t call this issues “some” problems. They are serious issues.
          Just uninstalled the Nimo codec pack cured the issue, but sometimes (it happened with MSP 6.5 and an earlier Nimo ) is more difficult to clean up the system.

Fred H
          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

with ffdshow you don't need half of the codecs in those evil codec packs

Comment

Latest divx, xvid, ogg and ac3 filter I don't need nothing more...

Comment

Working...
              X