Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudma has Matrox Marvel G450 eTV, not Marvel G400
    Sorry, I didn't know this part.
    I think all other is right, about HD etc.
    Sorry.
    Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Comment

All,

Tested this weekend with a separate Hard disk but the result is the same. Next test will be a clean install of Windows with only the needed drivers but I am not sure which Windows version to use. XP, 2000. Any suggestions.

Rudi

Comment

Have you managed to capture full resolution on this system in the past? Real time MPEG2 compression in full res takes a LOT of CPU power. I think you´re a little short in processor power
        You surely won´t need a separate video drive for it. Those are intended for uncompressed or lossless capturing. Every average modern hard drive can manage writing an MPEG2 stream.
        -Off the beaten path I reign-

At Home:

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe / P4-E 3.0Ghz
        2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM
        Matrox Parhelia 128
        Terratec Cynergy 600 TV/Radio
        Maxtor 80GB OS and Apps
        Maxtor 300 GB for video
        Plextor PX-755a DVD-R/W DL
        Win XP Pro

At work:
        Avid Newscutter Adrenaline.
        Avid Unity Media Network.

Comment

Landrover,

I tried to capture MPEG2 full resolution before but could not succeed. I started to test this again because I want to save my films to DVD now.
          This weekend I tried capturing using other compression options (MPEG-4, divx 5.0, uncompressed) and this works fine !
          Next step for me is to test my card in an other system. Will update when I have an update.

Rudi

Comment

I have reinstalled windows and only the drivers needed. Also I have installed a separate HDD. Again capturing MPEG-2 gives the same result. No frames are dropped be the image is not smooth. When I play back the movie in an editor I see the following:
            I watch the movie frame by frame and it looks like I am missing frames. Example (10 frames);
            Frame 1, frame 2, frame 3, frame 3, frame 3, frame 6, frame 7, frame 7 frame 7, frame 7
            etc.

Can't explaine this. Anyone ???

Rudi

Comment

Rudi,

You can keep trying untill hell "freezes over" and perhaps some day you will have the result you expect.

My advice however is to capture in .avi (PicVideo) and then encode to MPEG-2 using the best encoder you can find, eg. TMPGEnc.

Debbie
              We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

All,

I have tested my card in a new system and all is fine. Seems like my MB is the bottleneck.

Thanks for all the support!

Rudi

Comment

Working...
                X