Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.1 Channel sound in DVD's?

Hey,
    Is there any sort of Software DVD player that will allow you to use the abilites of a 4.1 speaker setup? you see, I got a sound blaster live (value version, retail one. internal SPDIF Port [Currently connected to my DVD], not external)! and the classic (don't say old! please... don't! ) FPS1000 speaker set, and I wonder if there is any way to make Dolby-Digial encoded DVD's to use the rear two speakers for any sort of a surround effect? My current DVD Software (WinDVD 2.3.5, running Win2K) is limited to two channel audio, and I can't seem to find a demo version of WinDVD Multi-Channel 2000 (http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Products.jsp?mode=WinDVDmch)....
    can there be "Emulation" of DolbyDigital on a 4.1 speaker set? or is there any other way of getting a surround effect from such a speaker setup?

Thanks in advanced....
    "Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven..."
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Worstation Specs:
    Asus P3B-F w/Celeron@680mhz
    160mb PC100 7ns RAM.
    Matrox G400 142/190Mhz.
    IBM 75GXP 7200RPM 15Gb.
    Seagate U8 4.1gb Hdd,
    SBlaster Live! Digital.
    17" Mag InnoVision 770Ti TrinitronFR Monitor @1152X864
    Logitech MouseMan Wheel USB (on Everglide Giganta SE)
    Focus 127keys MM Keyboard.
    HP SCSI Cd-Rw 7200Si
    AOpen X48 CD ROM.
    AOpen 1040Pro Slot DVD
    3Com NIc @ Tevel/3Com Cable Modem
    Modded case, the "banshee". 6 fans.
    3Com Palm IIIx + GoType + AxxPAC

PowerDVD is famous for their Audio possibilities, so that one should be able to do that. I plan to use 4 speak output of my SBLive! soon too, but I also like the Cinemaster 2000 de-interlace filters and possibility for playback to secondary output while minimized to the taskbar. I will check out how Cinemaster 2000 does 4-speaker if I get them

btw.
    DVD Genie can enable a lot of dvd software settings that can't be adjusted normally

Comment

Thanks, but I already use DVD Genie... it was great for cinemaster tweaking when I was still using Windows 98 a while back...
      and I tried Cinemaster 2000, but for some strange reason "The mummy" dvd (and only this one) played very choppy (and I mean VERY CHOPPY, IE 1 frame per 5 seconds!)... this is strage, as other DVD's (including the matrix) played very well...
      I will give PowerDVD a try, but WinDVD does have the best Video quality so far, and as I know, PowerDVD is a bit more blurry...

"Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven..."
      __________________________________________________ ____
      Worstation Specs:
      Asus P3B-F w/Celeron@680mhz
      160mb PC100 7ns RAM.
      Matrox G400 142/190Mhz.
      IBM 75GXP 7200RPM 15Gb.
      Seagate U8 4.1gb Hdd,
      SBlaster Live! Digital.
      17" Mag InnoVision 770Ti TrinitronFR Monitor @1152X864
      Logitech MouseMan Wheel USB (on Everglide Giganta SE)
      Focus 127keys MM Keyboard.
      HP SCSI Cd-Rw 7200Si
      AOpen X48 CD ROM.
      AOpen 1040Pro Slot DVD
      3Com NIc @ Tevel/3Com Cable Modem
      Modded case, the "banshee". 6 fans.
      3Com Palm IIIx + GoType + AxxPAC

Comment

Working...
      X