X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline numbers missing ?

Hello,

In MSP7

I have just noticed when I played back a clip on both instant and preview, it jumped a little, you know like a quick static roll for just a second.

I went and looked and found that the timeline was missing some time.. It goes 04.27.21
    04.28.00 etc. okay.

Where is .25,26,27,28,29, ?

The clip has been fine over and over again for a week whilst I have been editing it.

Thanks

You sure you don't have it set up for 25 fps? In that case it would go straight from frame 24 to the next second. You are in a PAL (25 fps) region after all....

Otherwise it might be something with the clip. Did you try starting a new project, putting that clip on the timeline and seeing if they're still missing?

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 6 December 2003, 09:46.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes it is set up correctly for PAL. I went and check the actual avi it is reading from and it also now has the same 'glitch'.

Not sure how it has happened but I will check top see I have a backup of that original in HD.

I will also open a new project, insert it and see if it is there, I guess it have to be as it in the origanal avi now.

It is like a horizontal wave that quickly goes down the screen within those 6 or so frames length.

Some sort of file corruption I guess.

These things are sent to try us I guess...

Thanks

Comment

If it's set up for PAL then 25 frames is all you should see and NOT 30. 'tis normal.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Doh !

I see what you mean now!

I was thinking that numeric as a 10th of a sec, not as an actual frame number which of course stops at 24 and onto 1 again for the next frame.

That brings me back to my 'glitch' problem. I have noticed that in the frame x frame mode this..

The full frame image is fine to 4:29:00 then at :01 part of the frame feezes with part of the image showing what would be the correct movement. At :02,03,04,05 the original freeze is still there with the other parts still moving correctly then at 06, the freeze part is gone and the full frame is back with the normal movement.

I hope I am clear with how I describe it.

Other than finding an original few frames with no glitch, how can I get myself out of this one?

Thanks

Comment

I'd try recapturing that part of the clip. Sounds to me like a camera problem but I can't say whether it's on recording or playback.

Alternatively, if the original capture was OK, you can simply cut out the bad bit (no ripple editing!) and bring down the original clip to a lower track, synchonise it positionally to the frame, cut out the identical length as you cut away and insert it in the gap. Delete the remnants.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Yes it looks like I will have to do that.. it is only a few frames so would not take long.

It was okay as I have been editing this thing for a week now and played it dozens of times so I know it was not there then.

It is only since I have run out of HD space when creating the video avi from the MSP7 project area. It saves nearly all of it then says out of space so I have to clear space and start again.

I didn't realise it needed so much so I have gone through that 3 times.

I now have made sure I have enough.

It needs 17+ GB and I thought it would only go to 12.

The sound also on another part had a few small glitches in it to and fortunatley it is just a music track not any sync, so I can just re insert that.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X