No announcement yet.

New video card - ATI AIW 9000Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ATI recording software works, but non-interlaced only. The maximum vertical resolution I get is 288 (if I select a NTSC profile - must be a bug.......)
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

CompUSA has the AIW9600PRO for US$199.99 through this Saturday (16Jan04) if anyone is interested...

I just picked one up to go into the next box I am building (my old Marvel200 won't hack it on this build). It comes with a free offer for the RemoteWonder2 and for any gamers, HL2.

I can't say how it performs as I don't even have a mb to put it into yet...I am not going to pull apart my venerable BH6 as it won't even support this new card!

Comment

Is the Sapphire Remote BOB anything I need?
        I plan to build my new PC with the Sapphire Radeon9600Pro AIW, but the Remote BOB is not included here, but available for about eqiv. of 30$.
        BTW, the only review of this Sapphire card I could find is (in German) here

Fred H
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Keep in mind that the AIW 9600 Pro DOES NOT have DVI. Not important if you don't plan to use an LCD panel, but quite important if you want best results with an LCD display.

- Mark
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Sapphire Radeon 9600Pro AIW:

The PowerColor has not DVI, the Sapphire HAS DVI.
            Because I plan to build a new system I asked the local dealer.
            Today I’ve got an e-mail from them. They confirmed just that.
            At the Sapphire site I couldn’t find any DVI on the Sapphire Beast AIW Radeon9600 Pro
            I am confused.

Fred H
            Last edited by Fred H; 16 January 2004, 15:19.

Comment

Fred H,
              if tv-tuner is not a necessity why don't you consider the Asus 9600 xt (~220 Euro VAT inc. in my country). It has a vivo bob, dvi and THREE year warranty.
              mits,
              System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
              model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

Fred,

I was referring to the ATI site regarding the card. The ATI version of this card DOES NOT have DVI. I would be curious to know if the Sapphire card had DVI or not.

Mits,

I believe the ATI cards carry a lifetime warranty, I least I know they used to. Has the Instant Preview TV Out functionality with MSP7 been verified to operate glitch-free with overscan (no black border) with Nvidia cards such as this one?

- Mark
                - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

@mits
                  Yes, you’re right.
                  First on my list was an Asus 9600XT VIVO card but I’ve read somewhere that the capture quality is les than the AIW.
                  From http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...mlld19JRD02NzE
                  It would be nice to state that the Rage Theater chip in evidence here is the same as the all-singing, all-dancing one found on the All-In-Wonder series, but that isn't the case, sadly. If it was, there would be little need for the AIW line at all. The chip shown here is able to undertake basic Video-In and Video-Out work (VIVO). In that respect, it's more like Philips' 7108AE series than the full-blown AIW offering.
                  Maybe it’s not too serious, and I should reconsider this card.
                  Originally posted by Indiana here:

Hmm, some say the VIVO cards have (together with all other non-AIW cards) worse TVOut than those AIWs, because only the latter are equipped with the RageTheater chip.
                  I can not really confirm this myself.
                  The TV out quality is not a major question for me, only in those few cases when I need to record to VCR. And, I’ll keep my oldie Marvel G400 in my actual computer which will be “donated” to my wife in her room, connected in a local network with my planed new, P4 based PC.
                  Generally speaking capture video is moved more and more to the DV/firewire area.
                  I too capture most of my videos in .avi I edit them with MSP7 and I burn them out to DVD R or RW.
                  But, sometimes I am forced to edit (just cut, join, de-mux and re-mux) mpeg2 anyway.
                  The DVI is a plus which I need to drive a new LCD monitor.

I know you own an Asus card and you compared the quality captured with DV via the firewire.
                  All you’ve told about this card seem to kick me back to reconsider the Asus Radeon9600 VIVO.
                  The cost here is about the same, ~218€.

Fred H
                  Last edited by Fred H; 17 January 2004, 17:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk
                    Has the Instant Preview TV Out functionality with MSP7 been verified to operate glitch-free with overscan (no black border) with Nvidia cards such as this one?
                    The same question here, quite important.

Fred H

Comment

Working...
                    X